WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a new Orion from Germany.
Found a tiny foreign matter on the dial.
Asked the seller how commonly this happens. He said return it.
What if I find a worse problem after it returns...
Just ranting...o|

CM160120-19030101-1.jpg

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Are you referring to the speck above "t"?
If so - it would not bother me. At this watch level - acceptable in my view. That is a lot of zoom in the pic.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Are you referring to the pimple on the subdial top right? I think that I would live with it since I hate sending things back across the pond.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Did not even see the one on subdial until others mentioned it. Still would live with it. Looks like dust before dial was painted, so unlikely to move around.
I think some of these imperfections are unavoidable.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The particle on the subdial.
Nomos. Nomos. Nomos...

But the watch is beautiful.

I will just keep it. It will be a reminder to myself that life has a lot more important things than a small particle on the subdial.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
No matter how much money you spend, every watch might have an issue along these lines. If it bothers you (and clearly it does, otherwise why start a thread) just return and live to buy another day. A no hassle offer of a return isn't something that's automatic when it comes to a watch transaction.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had something similar on a watch that was out of warranty. I opened the caseback (screw on) and used a lint free sunglass cloth to lightly remove any debris (this was visible with the naked eye). Replaced movement into case (after cleaning the inside of the crystal) and reinstalled the caseback with a very very light coating of grease.

Pretty easy job, but if it really bothers you and its under warranty, return it.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Stop looking at it so closely before yourself and/or the community finds more "flaws" you didn't even knew existed or were enquiring about! Enjoy the new piece and unless your a member of the borg collective with a loupe implant its not going to be an issue at arms length.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I'd return the watch ASAP (I'm assuming the seller is reputable, and this is in fact a new never opened and serviced watch). When smaller independent watch companies get overwhelmed with orders due to popularity, this is the kind of thing that can happen. Not the first brand I've seen it happen with, and it won't be the last.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Just return it.

Have a loupe stand by the next time it come back to you. :-d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts