WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
DW-291H-9A ..................................... 8 watches (yankeexpress, greg1491, Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, London006, d2mac, dubadoo, jdres)
DW-291H-1A ..................................... 5 watches (Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo, rajubathija, Tsarli)
DW-291H-1B ..................................... 4 watch (Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo, rajubathija, memento_mori)

Together ............................................ 17 watches

Cheers, Piowa

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Ok, I will be "That Guy".

After wearing it for most of yesterday and today, it's not growing on me. Yes, I swapped the strap to a DW-5600SN strap which helped. The stock strap's 12 O'clock side is a bit long therefore it wants to make the watch head rotate to the outside of the wrist instead of sitting center, at least for me it does.

The lcd in amber is a no go for me. It's just not as crisp as it could be. The 290 has true EL which is perfect. My TRT-110H has cool white led's that are very good and light up the whole face evenly. These are not the led's you would on a G-Shock such as the GD-350.

I realize it is, in the USA, a sub $40 watch and some corners must be cut. But, again the DW-290 is a sub $30 watch and the TRT-110H is a sub $40 and, in my opinion, both are better built. The buttons are huge compared to the original 290 and that is a good thing as are the larger digits and the more feature rich module. The 291 has 5 alarms, and World Time and the 290 does not.

The case of the 290 is more compact and has a much more solid feel to it that the 291. The only example I can come up with in my head is the difference in feel when you close a car door. An econo-box car such as my old Corolla has a "tinny" sound and a European car, like my old BMW closes, with a "thud".

Here are some pictures I took this morning. For me, the 291 is going back. But that is only because I have the 291 and like it better. Yes, it is smaller. Yes, the module isn't a feature rich. Yes the buttons are smaller (but still bigger than a DW-5600E).

If I did not have the DW-290 or my TRT-110H for that matter, I'd think the DW-291 is a good watch. But I already have enough multi function watches to where is one would just sit in my watch box and not be worn. This one will be returned today.

View attachment 14840385 View attachment 14840389 View attachment 14840391 View attachment 14840393 View attachment 14840397 View attachment 14840401 View attachment 14840403 View attachment 14840407
I have remained silent, but will now speak. I didn't care about this from the beginning, and then the fervor grew and I couldn't understand why.

I don't need to return something never bought.

Every one enjoy and I'll go to other threads,

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Premium Member
14,204 Posts
I have remained silent, but will now speak. I didn't care about this from the beginning, and then the fervor grew and I couldn't understand why.

I don't need to return something never bought.

Every one enjoy and I'll go to other threads,

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
For me, I liked the idea of a successor to the over built DW-290. Unfortunately it falls flat for me.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
After a couple weeks I'm still very happy with mine. I got exactly what I was expecting for $35. I didnt get it to compare with 5600e or gd100 or other G's. Ive worn G's everyday since '85 and have had dozens of different models. The dw291 isn't a G.

I like the retro styling, 200mm water resist, and 10 year battery. Mostly the retro styling resembling '90's casio's. I guess you either like it or hate it as this model seems to be somewhat divisive. It's casio's successor to the 290 whether it lives up to that or not, it is what it is. I hope they release an olive drab, negative display model.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Plz add me.....nice variation on the square theme....dual ani time in the gun-site is interesting, if a little hard to see in the twilight of my youth!

.....but nice for the price!

C5AE89C2-7C55-4650-A47E-EECCD975FA52.jpeg

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
DW-291H-9A ..................................... 9 watches (yankeexpress, greg1491, Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, London006, d2mac, dubadoo, jdres. Maddog1970)
DW-291H-1A ..................................... 5 watches (Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo, rajubathija, Tsarli)
DW-291H-1B ..................................... 4 watch (Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo, rajubathija, memento_mori)

Together ............................................ 18 watches

Cheers, Piowa

·
Registered
36,280 Posts
DW-291H finally arrived, seller was supposedly in Spain but watch came from Netherlands and it took nearly 2 weeks. Should have spent the extra 4 dollars from Amazon and got it in 2 days.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
DW-291H-9A ..................................... 10 watches (yankeexpress, greg1491, Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, London006, d2mac, dubadoo, jdres. Maddog1970, Evritis)
DW-291H-1A ..................................... 7 watches (Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo, rajubathija, Tsarli, London006, Evritis)

Together ............................................ 21 watches

Three - Cowboy Bobop
Two - Jasabor, rajubathija, London006, Evritis

Cheers, Piowa

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
DW-291H-9A ..................................... 10 watches (yankeexpress, greg1491, Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, London006, d2mac, dubadoo, jdres. Maddog1970, Evritis)
DW-291H-1A ..................................... 7 watches (Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo, rajubathija, Tsarli, London006, Evritis)
DW-291H-1B ..................................... 5 watches (Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo, rajubathija, memento_mori, yankeexpress)

Together ............................................ 22 watches

Three - Cowboy Bobop
Two - Jasabor, rajubathija, London006, Evritis, yankeexpress

Cheers, Piowa

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Got a 291 incoming. It's the silver version although I want to put the gold module in it...haha.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
DW-291H-1B ..................................... 6 watches (Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo, rajubathija, memento_mori, yankeexpress, rmeron)

Together ............................................ 23 watches

Three - Cowboy Bobop
Two - Jasabor, rajubathija, London006, Evritis, yankeexpress

Cheers, Piowa

61 - 80 of 117 Posts