WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted a screw-back square for a while. With that in mind, look what arrived from Lithuania today.

Sitting next to a Mondaine Giant.

Best of it is; it was undersold. He said it is worn and marked etc. Unless he ecamined it with a microscope it is as good as new.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Nice catch! My impression or does it have the same rubbery strap of the GW-5000?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It feels very flexible and soft (as has been remarked of that strap before). I think you are right...

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Nice catch! My impression or does it have the same rubbery strap of the GW-5000?
No, it is more like the DW-5600E strap. It is definitely not the same as the GW-5000, unless this watch is modded. Since the letters have been stealthed, it may very well have been modded in other ways, such as not having the original strap.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
When I had a Spike Lee, I remember the strap being like a DW-5600E, but it seemed to be a little different, too. The writing was VERY white, and the band and bezel seemed a little shinier than the normal DW-5600E resin. So maybe the Spike Lee resin is actually unique to that watch. You can put DW-5600E resin or GW-5000 resin on it if you like. That is the beauty of the modern screwbacks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I had a Spike Lee, I remember the strap being like a DW-5600E, but it seemed to be a little different, too. The writing was VERY white, and the band and bezel seemed a little shinier than the normal DW-5600E resin. So maybe the Spike Lee resin is actually unique to that watch. You can put DW-5600E resin or GW-5000 resin on it if you like. That is the beauty of the modern screwbacks.
Thanks very much for that little piece of advice

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can anyone tell me (or better still link me) to the proper band a bezel for this model, please?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The SL resin is unique, but size is compatible with the other watches mentioned. I doubt you can buy the original anymore. I recommend Gw5000 band with whatever bezel has the lettering you like. Gw5000 bezel has significantly muted letters compared to the SL.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

1 - 15 of 15 Posts