Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I already have the DW-6900R (White Rastafarian), but now the DW-5025B (Rising White) has caught my eye. Im considering taking the rasta back and getting the Rising White... What do you think?

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
im all bout the old skool 5000 with screwback.
the reverse display made my final decision.

its a beauty !!!!!

get the DW-5025B and keep the rasta :-! :-! I really like the rising white. in fact i liked the display on that one so im buying a DW-5600B with reverse display red letters looks super stealth :-! :-!

hey brah you finally stoped cooking and eating and started posting. :) what happend to cooking with mansrow photos :think:

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
get the DW-5025B and keep the rasta :-! :-! I really like the rising white. in fact i liked the display on that one so im buying a DW-5600B with reverse display red letters looks super stealth :-! :-!

hey brah you finally stoped cooking and eating and started posting. :) what happend to cooking with mansrow photos :think:

work to that, brotha !!! the 5600b is another magnificent !!!!

as for cooking, i cant find any food i cooked photogenic, so i rather not post. i rather post a pic of carrots dipped in tomato sauce, but of course i wont do that.

the blog will RETURN, MUAHAHAHAHAH !!!! :-d

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I suppose keeping both is the easiest solution (|>), but if you had to keep only one...

Im really leaning toward the 5025b...I like the reverse display and the old school Nintendo-ish look to it..

Oh, and I dont really like the canvas pieces on the rasta either... They look cool, but I can imagine that after a while theyre gonna get dirty and stinky.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I suppose keeping both is the easiest solution (|>), but if you had to keep only one...

Im really leaning toward the 5025b...I like the reverse display and the old school Nintendo-ish look to it..

Oh, and I dont really like the canvas pieces on the rasta either... They look cool, but I can imagine that after a while theyre gonna get dirty and stinky.

I think the white strap on the rising will also turn a little yellow over time but then it mod time. :-d just stick on a black bezel and strap and its stealth time. oooh the rising also has the screwback which i would much rather have :-! no worries about stripping screws with battery replacement. :)

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I think the white strap on the rising will also turn a little yellow over time but then it mod time. :-d just stick on a black bezel and strap and its stealth time. oooh the rising also has the screwback which i would much rather have :-! no worries about stripping screws with battery replacement. :)

careful not to scratch the back though when u unscrewing it. if u decide to unscrew it, place a slice of salami on the case and then turn anti clockwise to unscrew it.

thats the way i do it, doesnt everyone? :-d

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,205 Posts
DW-5025, heavy metal rulez! :-!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive also noticed that the canvas pieces are glued (or melted or something) together on the underside and it scratches your wrist when it rubs. I turned them to the outside, but now it doesnt look as nice.

I think I may pull the trigger on the 5025.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think ill definitely be getting the rising white. Ive kept the rasta for a few days now and decided its not for me. Its especially bulky at the gym..

Only problem is now im having trouble finding the rising white besides the ones at retail on the bay. Am I dreaming by looking for a good deal? Posted a WTB on the sales forum....we'll see. Anybody go one they want to get rid of?

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
if u like low profile white G and use it in the gym, why not the DW56RTB-7

white G tends to turn yellow real quick because of the sweats.
That looks like the one! But yeah, I wouldn't wear a white G at the gym while working out. Hate to see nice white Gs go yellow...:-(

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
what about going over to the dark side DW-5600CL below :-! its close to factory stealth. not white but easier to get. I just got today a DW-5600B off the sales forum here. I renamed it the SS super stealth :-d :-d :-d

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw that one but I really like the dark face and gold on the 5025B. There is also the clear grey 5025D that I was thinking about as well. The good thing about the rasta is that its shiny and doesnt seem like it will get dirty or turn yellow.

if u like low profile white G and use it in the gym, why not the DW56RTB-7

white G tends to turn yellow real quick because of the sweats.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts