WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The third part of the G-Shock giveaway was just announced, and a couple free G-Shocks will be given away in support of the archive project for all submissions.

I also have a couple new DW-5600E face protectors that I'm going to give away too, but I thought it would be a good idea to narrow down the pool of eligible recipients to those that really wanted one.

So if you want one, just contribute a photo to the Watch Archive, and post the photo in a reply to this post (use the IMG embed code below your submission so I can keep track of entries). Submit as many as you want, but please keep it within the guidelines of the archive.

Only submissions with a photo will count, so if you have a question or something you can post it here too or PM me I guess. Hopefully, this will work for everyone. It seemed like the best way I could come up with. :)

Update:

Here's how you post your photo submissions here to enter this sub-giveaway:

Search or browse for any watch model in the archive (or you can add a missing one yourself now).

Click the "Submit Photo" button and add your photo. Then get the embed code for it.

Will give you this here:

Each photo has it's own embed code right below it. I tried to make it easy to post images here in the forums.

Oh, and you can submit any kind of watch for this giveaway. It doesn't have to be a G-Shock (we won't hold it against you :) ).

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Free 5600 face protectors!

Riley, you really are a credit to the G-Shock community. :)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
cool
[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
502 Posts
Great thread - Im in: (sorry there so LARGE, is this ok?)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Nice one Riley!

Now where/when did the yellow silencer come from? My new favorite G-Shock!:-!
Is it a Hawaiian Lifeguard model? looks so much more yellow!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. :-!

Now where/when did the yellow silencer come from? My new favorite G-Shock!:-!
Is it a Hawaiian Lifeguard model? looks so much more yellow!
It's the GW-400HLJ-9:

The lighting does make it look a little darker yellow. It's fairly light yellow usually. It took me forever to track one down.

·
Registered
109 Posts
brad15470: I think you should copy and post the IMG codes from the arhive to get in.

Second "section" (I reached the max. pics per post limit):

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
brad15470: I think you should copy and post the IMG codes from the arhive to get in.
Good catch. I missed that at first.

Brad it would be great if you could edit those three photos to be the ones from the archive and not photobucket. It makes it easy to find the model number and and see who submitted it.

Links to all your submissions show up in your profile page if you want to go back and find them easily (instead of doing them one at a time).

And the stock images submissions for missing models is great G-Chronos. :-! There's probably lots of European and other rarer models that haven't been added yet.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
@Riley, oh I seen that one before, when I'm not looking for hen's teeth. Very nice.

Do stock photos count? I though it was more of a real life shots thing.:-s

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Do stock photos count? I though it was more of a real life shots thing.:-s
Yes, but there should really only be one per model (preferably just the first one, like what G-Chronos is doing). It's good for the first one because the thumbnails are generated from that image, and they're usually a clear shot that's easy to recognize. I've tried to load in as many as possible ahead of time, but there's always going to be more watches. :)

It takes an extra effort to find a model that's missing, and submit the correct full model number along with a good image to the right section, so that's definitely appreciated. :-! It helps organize the archive, so all the "real" photos can be easily submitted and enjoyed. Any duplicates or redundant stock photos should not count though.

I think we all enjoy looking at the real life photos a lot more though. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Should I type the "V" letter behind the names where it is available? For example G-3210-2 is can be found as G-3210-2V. I don't no what the V means. (I know that there was a thread about the names, but I wasn't able to find it...)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Should I type the "V" letter behind the names where it is available? For example G-3210-2 is can be found as G-3210-2V. I don't no what the V means. (I know that there was a thread about the names, but I wasn't able to find it...)
Just try to be as accurate as possible (it can always be fixed after the fact). The V is usually indicative of an export model. There's lots of models that are the same, but have slight differences on the ending of the model number for different markets. I've designed the search function to compensate for these variations. I don't think there's any reason to have a whole bunch of separate pages in the archive for all the variations in dealers model numbers (if they are in fact the exact same thing). If there is any difference in the watch face, module, or other discernible detail, then they should each have their own separate page in the archive. I hope that makes sense. It's been a little tricky organizing the whole thing, and I'm open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Here are mine, of the new DW-5000SL:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Good catch. I missed that at first.

Brad it would be great if you could edit those three photos to be the ones from the archive and not photobucket. It makes it easy to find the model number and and see who submitted it.

Links to all your submissions show up in your profile page if you want to go back and find them easily (instead of doing them one at a time).

And the stock images submissions for missing models is great G-Chronos. :-! There's probably lots of European and other rarer models that haven't been added yet.
Thanks guys..........I re-copied my pics. from the Watch Archive:-!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts