WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although the G-5600 looks better(to me anyways), it is very uncomfortable to wear. The way it's designed, one side is longer than the other and it digs into your skin.

I replaced it with this one, $3.50 from Casio USA part # 74299032

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
@Lestat: I think the 2nd protector fits better than the original, because it does some real protecting instead of only adding 2 pieces of wire ;)

Recently I bought a face protector for a DW-6900 and it's now on my DW-6600; one side indeed tries to cut through my wrist.
For me it isn't really a problem because I wear this watch mostly on my bike and I already had a piece of rubber glued to the back (for extra damping) and re-applied it, but it isn't perfect.

Like this:

Another watch is (hopefully) somewhere in a plane above the North Atlantic Ocean, going east ;-)

a) Which protector is needed for this one?
b) Where can I order it? I know TikTox, but not sure if it's the right type for this watch.
I'm planning it to 'unstealth' it for the 5025, mirrorlike sanding and polishing (chrome paint won't stay on very long) or give it a gold/ink (transparant gold) finish.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i thought the shape of the G-5600 protector was strange as well:think:, but i have mine on end pieces(strap adapters) so it doesn't dig into my wrist at all.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Are there a part number for the G-5600 protector? I've been sorting thru all the posts about these protectors, trying to get the correct ones for the different 5600's I have. I'd love it if I could just give a part number to Casio USA and not spend $25 on a protector...that's nearly a whole watch!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Are there a part number for the G-5600 protector? I've been sorting thru all the posts about these protectors, trying to get the correct ones for the different 5600's I have. I'd love it if I could just give a part number to Casio USA and not spend $25 on a protector...that's nearly a whole watch!
and id love a million dollars, the fact remains that according to casio usa no such part exists. your only hope is to get one from japan, you gotta pay to play in this global market of the 21st century;-) but realistically if you dont own a G-5600 you dont need one as the the Dw-5600-E protector fits the GW-M5600 too. although im not sure which one works best on the GW-5600's:think:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Did Riley put something in the G-Shock wiki?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
and id love a million dollars, the fact remains that according to casio usa no such part exists. your only hope is to get one from japan, you gotta pay to play in this global market of the 21st century;-) but realistically if you dont own a G-5600 you dont need one as the the Dw-5600-E protector fits the GW-M5600 too. although im not sure which one works best on the GW-5600's:think:
Well, that doesn't make much sense to me, as I can order parts for JDM Casio's from Casio USA. I think the issue is a part number.

And I like the fit of the G-5600 protector much better than the DW-5600 protector. But, I don't like it 10 times as much <|.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Well, that doesn't make much sense to me, as I can order parts for JDM Casio's from Casio USA. I think the issue is a part number.

And I like the fit of the G-5600 protector much better than the DW-5600 protector. But, I don't like it 10 times as much <|.
o|o|o| Give the man a prize!! Topher is correct & Lestat your gonna love this. i cross checked the part # on the bag that my G5600 protectors came in with casio usa and low and behold they do have the G5600 protectors they just didnt know it as casio parts doesn't include a watch model # for the various protectors!!! they cost 4 bucks from casio direct and i paid $45 for 2 from Katsu-sano|
Riley write this # down, the part # for the G-5600 face protector is as follows
10155555, there you go Topher:-! $4 instead of $25;-)
ill take that million now:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
o|o|o| Give the man a prize!! Topher is correct & Lestat your gonna love this. i cross checked the part # on the bag that my G5600 protectors came in with casio usa and low and behold they do have the G5600 protectors they just didnt know it as casio parts doesn't include a watch model # for the various protectors!!! they cost 4 bucks from casio direct and i paid $45 for 2 from Katsu-sano|
Thank you!! That's all I wanted was the part number to give to Casio USA. As Buzz has said before, they are limited to what is in the database. If you can give them a part number, they can most likely order it/get it for you.

|>|>|>|>|>|>

At that price, I can try both, and make my decision on which I like best :-!. Important, because I'm building a big list of parts to do mods/restoration. I need like 6 of these things ;-).

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Hi Cascadien,

You deserve the G-Shock Buyer Award of the Month. Really, great find. :-!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I'm so glad you still had the friggin bag. I figured Katsu-san shipped still wrapped as it came to him. Knowing Casio, they put the part #'s on everything (yes...they have part numbers for the springbars...and they are $0.50 each ;-)).

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm so glad you still had the friggin bag. I figured Katsu-san shipped still wrapped as it came to him. Knowing Casio, they put the part #'s on everything (yes...they have part numbers for the springbars...and they are $0.50 each ;-)).
they're also on back order(the springbars i mean), well the protectors too actually;-)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
they're also on back order(the springbars i mean), well the protectors too actually;-)
Backorder is actually good. It gives you time to add other parts to the same order and not pay extra shipping :-!.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts