WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning gentleman,

i am thinking about a classic G-Shock again (DW-5600) which i would like to wear it on a Nato. Would be an 18mm be able to squeeze through the 16mm lugs?
If i want a larger strap ( 20mm) and I do not like to use the Maratac Watch Adapter, the County-Comm- Mil-Shock looks perfect.
Has anybody used a Dremel to widen up the 16mm lugs?

I have looked up the threads in various forums but apart from one image i have found nothing on the actual procedure.

I would be delighted about any info, thanks in advance,

Frank

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Good morning gentleman,

i am thinking about a classic G-Shock again (DW-5600) which i would like to wear it on a Nato. Would be an 18mm be able to squeeze through the 16mm lugs?
If i want a larger strap ( 20mm) and I do not like to use the Maratac Watch Adapter, the County-Comm- Mil-Shock looks perfect.
Has anybody used a Dremel to widen up the 16mm lugs?

I have looked up the threads in various forums but apart from one image i have found nothing on the actual procedure.

I would be delighted about any info, thanks in advance,

Frank
Great model(military model too).

try...

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=70676|>

SALUDOS

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
Hi Walkuere,

You might try to contact Andy from Honolulu, who is a member on WUS. He actually knows the guy who made the Mil-Shock. If I'm correct, the spring bars are replaced by metal rods. I personally never understand how that metal rod is placed in the holes of the widened lugs.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I've managed to fit an 18mm NATO on a G-314. It didn't look very good on that watch, but now you got me thinking of trying it on my DW-5600.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of 5600 with Nato Strap? Really wonder how it will be like:roll:

Thank you,

ersing

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of 5600 with Nato Strap? Really wonder how it will be like:roll:

Thank you,

ersing
Yep. I tried it and didn't like it.

It''s the only NATO I had in 18mm, so the colour is all wrong, but I thing so are the dimensions. Just doesn't work for me.
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
46 Posts
BruceS, you are quite right, there is something wrong with dimensions.. Looks like a Fat guy with thin breakable legs:-x I did not like it either..

Thank you for pics by the way;-)

ersing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all, especially bruce. i will try that out, gives the watch a rather instrumental (altimeter/dive computer) style..
as i do intend to use the watch in conditions where simply function and comfort are important rather than visual pleasures it should work.
very helpfull crowd here and quick responses :-!

cheers frank

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
No, it's not right, is it?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have the County-Comm- Mil-Shock and I'll try to take some pics over the weekend and have a close look at it.
I just remember the watch sitting real low on my wrist and suffering strange spots all over the bezel after a month wearing it in the damp hot Sri Lankan weather a couple of years ago.
I haven't worn it much after that trip.
Cheers

·
Registered
986 Posts
There is another choice, Timex sells a band called the wrap strap. This is a velcro strap that you attach your watch to and if you lose a watch pin you don't lose the watch
Here is the generic version by Timex that does not say timex on it
http://www.voguestrap.com/tx541601.html

Here is a version with timex on it
http://www.voguestrap.com/tx885141.html

Here is the website
http://www.voguestrap.com/fastwrap.html

The strap is cheap to buy and very comfy. I have one on my Timex Ironman that has been on the watch for the 2 years i have owned it and it is still good to go.

Cheers

Leon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello Gentlemen,

after having tried some months the easy version (16mm) which was not really satisfying i finally
ordered the strap adapters and a 24mm Zulu and voila, it is the best solution!

So you never stop learning, and i should sometimes just listen ;) Thank you all one more time,

a pleasant weekend, cheerio, Frank

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in the same boat! I was under the impression that a 5600 would only take another band with an adapter... So the rumor is that the band size is 16mm? So If I can find a 16mm velcro or nato I'll be good to go?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts