WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am new in this forum, but I already spent quite a lot of time reading many threads. I just ordered on the Internet a G-Shock watch reference GW-M5600-1ER. I would be very happy to find a metal face protector for this watch.

According to what I read previously, I should look for the face protector #74299032 desgined for the DW-5600E. I sent an e-mail to Casio France (I am French), address [email protected], but no answer yet. Thanks to previous posts, I found a british Internet shop that sells some (http://www.tiktox.com/tools---watch-accessories/p1552.htm), but it would cost £15.70 = €24 = $36 including shipping to France : it's so expensive !!!

Would anybody know another shop accepting shipping to Europe that would have this item available ? Thanks for any help :-! !!

Best regards,

MALESCOT.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Yup, Casio UK and tiktox are the only places I know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thank you guys for your replies ! I sent an email to Casio UK, I am expecting an answer within 48 hours only due to "higher levels of customer queries than expected" :-d !!!

I will keep you aware of their answer, and if they accept shipping to France. I hope they won't tell me "hey, ask to Casio France !", as the French customer service does not seem that effective.

Thanks again,

MALESCOT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Malescot, if you have any problems, have them ship it to me, and I will forward it to you.
Thanks a lot for your proposal, I'll keep you aware if I need your help :-! ! I have to catch a plane early this morning, at present time it is 04:40 in the morning :roll: ...

Best regards,

MALESCOT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Seamaster73,

I am back from my business trip, and I found that answer from Casio UK in my email box :

"Unfortunately, we do not ship or send any goods outside the UK. Please visit our website www.casio.com to locate your nearest supplier.
Regards
Andrew"

Do you live in UK ? If yes, by chance, do you own a paypal account on which I could refund you the shipping fees to France ? I only need 1 face protector, maybe it can be sent as a mere letter...

Thanks A LOT for you help,

MALESCOT.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Three cheers for Seamaster... :-!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bonjour tout le monde,

Bad news from Casio UK this morning :
"Unfortunately the face protectors are dis-continued and now no longer available. There are no alternative parts. We regret we are unable to assist you further on this occaision.
If you have any further query, please contact us on 0208 208 9567."

It seems the last 12 face protectors still available on Earth :-d are sold by Tiktox at a crazy price. I'll think over a bit before ordering one for £15 including shipping to France. £15 is not a big amount for most of us I think, but it's a HUGE price for such a small part !!!

Thanks once again Seamaster73 for the help you proposed. Best regards,

MALESCOT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From this afternoon, Tiktox doesn't sell the DW-5600E face protector alone. You now have to buy a full re-furbishment kit for £39.50 + shipping to get a face protector ! It's crazy !!

I had a look this morning, and they still had 12 face protectors for sale...

MALESCOT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts