Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 24mm

Votes: 4 80.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DW-5600E on NATO strap w/ adapters—do you prefer 22mm or 24mm strap?

The subject line tells the story. I'm going to pick up a NATO from Broadarrow and am wondering about what people think about the 22mm vs. 24mm on the adapters (according to Broadarrow's description, either will work). Photos appreciated, and please vote in the poll.

Image from broadarrow.net:

casio2.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,204 Posts
Re: DW-5600E on NATO strap w/ adapters—do you prefer 22mm or 24mm strap?

Go 24mm.
The adapters are made for 24mm.

Wrist shot

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

Here's hoping that you read this thread already: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/adaptors-size-nato-strap-g-shock-g100-1bv-1039117.html

...especially the link at the bottom of that thread's post #2 -- because of their design, NATO straps don't always work with adapters, but 3-ring Zulu straps always will!

I agree with Rocat -- go with the 24mm width. They'll fit snugly, but not ridiculously so. 22mm straps tend to slide back and forth in the slot one millimeter or so, so the watch can move around while you're wearing it.

As mentioned in that other thread, it's my understanding that these Casio adapters were designed to work with Casio's own 23mm velcro strap like this one: Casio 23mm Black Gray Nylon Velcro One Piece Replacement Watch Band 10099273 | eBay

Those 23mm straps were "original equipment" on some DW-5600 and DW-003 (?) models that also came with these same plastic adapters.

·
Registered
358 Posts

Get the 24mm strap because of the width size which is exactly the same with the adapter. However, the thickness of the strap is smaller than the adapter. This gives a little back and forth slide in your wrist.

·
Registered
436 Posts

Another vote for the 24MM. It provides a smooth appearing transition from adapter to strap. Additionally, it provides an appearance of a larger case than if it was on its OEM strap.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts

24mm always, but depends on how thick it is, one of mine is 22mm but it's like 2mm thick so I am rocking it without any problems

Reactions: RSDA

·
Registered
358 Posts

24mm always, but depends on how thick it is, one of mine is 22mm but it's like 2mm thick so I am rocking it without any problems
You are absolutely right G-fob. The maratac band is not that thick. I tried the Bertucci's band and it is thicker than the Maratac. Even it's just 22mm it didn't move at all.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here's hoping that you read this thread already: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/adaptors-size-nato-strap-g-shock-g100-1bv-1039117.html

...especially the link at the bottom of that thread's post #2 -- because of their design, NATO straps don't always work with adapters, but 3-ring Zulu straps always will!
Yes, thanks. I meant to write Zulu, not NATO. I prefer the Zulus because of their more simple design and the fact that they're thicker than the NATOs (at least the Maratecs are).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts