WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLLLLLPPPPPPP !

Ordered parts to get my DW-5600E back to operational said parts arrived today.

Got the new battery installed and tried several times to reset (AC ~ Pos.) to bring the display back on it wont return to life. :-|

Anyone have any recommendations ?

·
Registered
20,719 Posts
HELLLLLLPPPPPPP !

Got the new battery installed and tried several times to reset (AC ~ Pos.) to bring the display back on it wont return to life. :-|

Take a break then keep trying...

·
Registered
213 Posts
HELLLLLLPPPPPPP !

I also had the same problem with my G-306X. What I did is I left it for a day without a battery and slapped them (my G takes 2 of them SR927SWs) in the next day and reset it. Then it worked. Make sure that the battery that you are trying to put in is fresh. Because sometimes, they die out even when they are unused.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also had the same problem with my G-306X. What I did is I left it for a day without a battery and slapped them (my G takes 2 of them SR927SWs) in the next day and reset it. Then it worked. Make sure that the battery that you are trying to put in is fresh. Because sometimes, they die out even when they are unused.
I'll give that a try
Also will pick up another "new" battery while out today.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'll give that a try
Also will pick up another "new" battery while out today.
Yeah the watch should work. By the way, did it just die from a bad battery? While you're at it, might as well try cleaning the battery contacts with a Q-tip lightly moistened with alcohol. After cleaning them, let it dry for a minute or two, then slap a new battery in then perform an AC reset for two seconds. Sometimes, it may need more than 5 resets.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the watch should work. By the way, did it just die from a bad battery? While you're at it, might as well try cleaning the battery contacts with a Q-tip lightly moistened with alcohol. After cleaning them, let it dry for a minute or two, then slap a new battery in then perform an AC reset for two seconds. Sometimes, it may need more than 5 resets.

The watch had been in storage for a few years and the light was weak when I put it up so I would say yes it just died.
It was my (daily) work watch for a few years prior to that.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Make sure you're making your contact in the right hole. I recently took apart a 6900 and tried a dozen times to do a reset and got nothing. Finally tried a different hole and it came straight to life. It wasn't the hole closest to the A/C letters, so I was quite baffled!

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Useful tip:

Get a mirror, place it before you on the table, put the watch on it and touch the "AC Reset" and glance at the mirror. You should see the display clear momentarily and then display "12:00". It's very rare that a module that was just working would go dead on you. Just be sure the battery is properly seated and you touch the "AC" contact with the back of the battery using metal tweezers or an unfolded paper clip.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Make sure you're making your contact in the right hole. I recently took apart a 6900 and tried a dozen times to do a reset and got nothing. Finally tried a different hole and it came straight to life. It wasn't the hole closest to the A/C letters, so I was quite baffled!
+1 for this. Some Gs and Pro Treks have AC points different locations on the circuit board. While some AC procedures require touching the AC with the metal plate instead of the + side of the battery. (learned the hard way on my G-lide.)

Useful tip:

Get a mirror, place it before you on the table, put the watch on it and touch the "AC Reset" and glance at the mirror. You should see the display clear momentarily and then display "12:00". It's very rare that a module that was just working would go dead on you. Just be sure the battery is properly seated and you touch the "AC" contact with the back of the battery using metal tweezers or an unfolded paper clip.
+1

The only thing that can kill a module is a cup of water, a car wheel or a hammer outside of its case. LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 for this. Some Gs and Pro Treks have AC points different locations on the circuit board. While some AC procedures require touching the AC with the metal plate instead of the + side of the battery. (learned the hard way on my G-lide.)

What plate are you talking about ?

I've tried to reset using about every AC (look alike) I found in the watch.....nothing, using metal tweezers.

Funny thing is I could have bought a new DW5600 for the $ I have in these parts to revive my old one, including bezel, strap, O ring, pins, etc.

·
Registered
213 Posts
What plate are you talking about ?

I've tried to reset using about every AC (look alike) I found in the watch.....nothing, using metal tweezers.

Funny thing is I could have bought a new DW5600 for the $ I have in these parts to revive my old one, including bezel, strap, O ring, pins, etc.
This plate...

Although my watch is not exactly the same as yours, there some G-shocks that require touching the AC with this plate. Probably because the battery clamp is attached to this plate on some G-shocks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I've given up and listed my DW-5600E as KIA.
Apparently it wasn't just a dead battery because I've tried everything to bring it back to life with no luck.

anyone looking for a new (unopened) GW-5000-1J band let me know.

I also have a 5600 bezel, spring rods (X2) and O - ring all new I would include with the band for a fair price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it's to late for you but just read this post. As far a I know the DW-5600E module does not have an AC contact.
I had this problem also, after changing the battery the module looks dead.
Here is the fix I used, put the watch in your freezer for 30 minutes, this wil reset the electronics and the module comes to life when the watch is warmed up. Do not use hot air to dry, just room temperature will do.

I did this trick twice, worked perfect.

I've given up and listed my DW-5600E as KIA.
Apparently it wasn't just a dead battery because I've tried everything to bring it back to life with no luck.

anyone looking for a new (unopened) GW-5000-1J band let me know.

I also have a 5600 bezel, spring rods (X2) and O - ring all new I would include with the band for a fair price.

·
Registered
957 Posts
On the 5600E there's a small metal piece that all you have to do is push it down and it resets the module. It look like a small metal flap. Under that metal flap is the reset. That's why you haven't had any luck your trying to use the method used on most Gshocks. Just take those metal tweezers and push that metal flap down and it will instantly reset. Just try the flap. There's a couple. It's the one closest to the battery. Push it straight down check the face and Walla it should be perfectly fine. Not sure why the AC reset is this way on the 1545 and the newer module. But very simple fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

·
Registered
7 Posts
Opened up my DW5600E again to do a closer look using my loupe and yes, there is an AC contact. Did not see this before.
Connecting the AC contact to the + BATT does rest the module.
Took a picture of the module, maybe it's of any help to others.

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Opened up my DW5600E again to do a closer look using my loupe and yes, there is an AC contact. Did not see this before.
Connecting the AC contact to the + BATT does rest the module.
Took a picture of the module, maybe it's of any help to others.
Very nice. Glad to hear you revived it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had a heck of a time with my classic 5600 (circa 1998) Module 1545. When inserting the new battery, the contact shown by green arrow, was going UNDER the battery... incorrectly. Once I realized it was getting tucked under, I corrected that... Yellow arrows, and all was good! Easy mistake.
Watch Analog watch Gauge Material property Clock

1 - 18 of 18 Posts