WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put an order in on G-Shock UK for this one, the RB-2ER.

The green RB-3 looks nice as well and I might bag one soon, but really I wanted the blue mainly due to having an original DW-5600B-2V and being very interested how close the colours of the new watch are to the old one. It will only be the watch heads though as everything else on the B-2V is aftermarket.

I am also keen to see how the colour of the new resin compares to @electric0ant's v3 bezel I have on the original.

I'll update this with some comparison shots on arrival .

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arrived today

It's a nice nod back to the original DW-5600B-2V screwback actually, definitely a keeper.

I took some quick side by side photos before I came to work, I think they came out alright and show that old and new are pretty similar in regards to colours.

The screwback is on the left for reference. The blue line around the display of the screwback looks brighter and more stand out than on the new model, but not too much. The gold hue of the LCD is pretty damn close on both.

I can't really compare proper resin colours because I don't have access to an original Casio B-2V bezel, but the photos show just how close @electric0ant got with his V3 that I've got on the screwback.

Below the side by side pics are some of just the new version, I like.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Are these Japan release only?

A watch originally sold in the US now only sold in Japan to make people in the US want it that much more. :) Wouldn’t surprise me given Casio’s usual antics.
Not just Japan.

Here's the other article about it. Worldwide release. The green & blue are already on G-Shock UK, hence why I have one so quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DW-5600RB-3ER incoming 👍

Just ordered the green version due to having a 30% discount code, so £99 down to £69! Too good a bargain to pass up.

As per normal, I'll update on arrival, meanwhile here's a stock pic:
Watch Rectangle Mammal Watch accessory Clock

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
DW-5600RB-3ER incoming 👍

Just ordered the green version due to having a 30% discount code, so £99 down to £69! Too good a bargain to pass up.

As per normal, I'll update on arrival, meanwhile here's a stock pic:
View attachment 16259142
Nice! The green was my fave!
Sky Azure People in nature Clock Grass

Probably going to get the blue, too :)
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have the green. Great looking watch

p.s.

Please tell me more about this 30% discount code ?
The 30% is from either Defence Discount Services or Bluelight Card websites in the UK.

You need to be serving or ex Forces to get either membership. The usual discount is 20%, but there's a temp Black Friday deal on from 25 - 29 Nov for the 30%.

EDIT: Sorry, should also say not just Forces! Other emergency services also for the Bluelight card.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have both those cards being an ex pongo, thanks for the tip
Excellent, I'm ex-RAFP so both for me too.

As an aside, did you know about the new, (well, a year old now), Veterans Rail Card?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts