WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone here will be able to help me out. I just picked up a cheap DW-6200 that needed a new battery. It's in reasonably good condition and the battery change went well. Unfortunately, whilst changing the battery I lifted the module slightly out of the case. When I reseated it and closed up the case I found I couldn't get the functions to work pressing the buttons.

I opened up the case again and took the module out. I then tested each button on the module while it was out of the case and they all work fine. Great I thought I must have just positioned it slightly wrong, so back into the case it went and I tried my best to get everything lined up. I've closed it up and still can't get all the buttons to work.

Does anyone have any tips on how to replace the module to ensure I get it accurately lined up with the buttons in the case? It's driving me nuts that I have a perfectly good G-shock sat on the side cos at the moment all it can display is the time!!!!

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
If it's one of those G-Shocks with a thin metal piece surrounding the module, and a rubber piece surrounding the metal piece....... just have patience. They can be a bit finicky. It takes a few tries, along with some rocking back and forth sometimes, to get everything back in evenly. You'll know when you've got it, because you'll hear a reassuring snap as it pops into place.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
What's happening is this: the contacts on the module are getting hung up on the inside of the buttons on the case. Put the module in sideways, say left side first, so that the contacts are firm against the inside of the buttons and then push down on the right side. The contacts will get hung up so take a toothpick or something non-metal and press the contact in - then do the same for the other one. You'll have to keep pressing down on the module as you do this but it works - the module will snap down into place.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting there slowly. Now have 5 of the 6 buttons working. Will keep fiddling and hopefully will get it sorted :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts