WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not posting this for sale here (I read the rules) but would like some advice.

I have a G-Shock DW-6500 1160 that I bought in 1996, I wore it a couple of times, packed it to move, and just found it now I have finally settled down.

I put two new Sony batteries in it and it lives! It's in great condition but I don't have the box.

It has Alto and Baro functions that are working perfectly.

I really want a new solar model and figured some collector might like my old G-Shock, but have no idea if it's worth anything, can anyone give me an idea what I should ask for it on eBay?

Thanks in advance for any help ;o)

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
It's a collectible watch being attributed as the direct ancestor of the Riseman, but not extraordinarily rare. They do appear fairly often on "that auction site." How much you get for it depends on a lot of factors, but the resin condition is one of the key deciders. I've seen a number of them up on auction without a bezel, so this model may be one that tends to suffer from resin rot. Having resin in very good condition is a plus.

Anyway, just check auction history and you'll see some examples. One recently closed at $41, but had some scuffs to the bezel and other functions weren't verified. Another in condition similar to what you describe went for $99. Having the original box and papers would make a big difference, so it's too bad you lost those.

If you consider putting it up on eBay, I'd probably put in a reserve to guard against the random chance of a low bidding pool (that does happen for watches that aren't very popular; one time you'll have a bidding war and another time you'll have someone getting a terrific bargain).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks for your help Xevious. I didnt post photos because I don't want to fall foul of the rules and make it look like I'm trying to sell it here.

Ill take your advice and put a reserve on it.. Thanks again for your detailed reply ;o)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.