WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me=happy! :)

Please let me explain:
I was just a few minutes at home from work and there was the magic sound of the door bell with a nice guy dressed in his orange/white outfit (The Netherlands, you know...): the mail man. Hate soccer, love this man.

After some transactions (money, signature) he handed me this little box:

note the toy (watch) description

Not the best quality pics ever made, but you'll understand I was in a hurry...

Next step is some help of my Swiss buddy:

Another box inside:

note the Takara Tomy mark

Now it's time for some real fun:

And some more....

Some other details on the watch, the back (the Decepticon logo is a little difficult to capture: it's a kind of shallow engravement but IRL clearly visible, that's why there are three attempts)

Some wristshots:

posted this one to show the relief in the dial

And the all important logo on the strap:

glad it hasn't got relief, I hope it doesn't wear of to quickly

And of course the cool EL logo:

And the watch in action:

Some are happy....

...and some are not

Prime and Megatron in discussion:

Me=still happy :-!

Bought this watch on eBay: (toyjapan090)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250237910710&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015
Very nice guy, fast handling/shipping/emailing. The only thing -he couldn't do anything about that- is that Dutch customs palyed for a week with my watch/toy, otherwise shipping was three days.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,599 Posts
Ha ha Flex,

My 7 yo son had some lessons about mail. They went for an excursionto the mail distribution system. Now he shouts "TNT" when a car, truck or mailman is seen in the typical orange/white outfit. So you don't give much about football too. I had much fun last week, wearing the white FIFA watch von "der Mannschaft". There is a BBQ party here at school on Friday 13th, when we play against France. Nice date for a game, ha ha

Cool watch and even more cool pictures. How did you find that one. It must have been an anonymous tip. Too bad about those greedy customs. It seems to get worse every year. In the past Katsu-San's and Seiya-San's packages always arrived within 3 days. Now almost 100% of packages of me are caught. Most of the time I get charged around €35.- - €40.-. Lately the charges tend to be higher...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congrats, man. That is really sweeeeet.:-!

robert

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all! :)
I feel old, my students think my Nike Airmax are new models, but they are classics. They weren't even born when I purchased my first pair (the same, only other colour) and they weren't classics back then... :-(
Don't want to tell them about my new Transformer watch...

Tomorrow I'm going to school in a purple polo, decepticon cap, purple belt and shoe laces. Not telling a thing and feeling young.

@Sjors:
thanks for the anonymous tip ;-) :-!

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Nice watch, I really like DW6900's G's and the Transformers are on my list.
Yes the Transformer (Trans-forearmer hehe :-d ) is a nice piece!:-!

But is it not time soon for you to change your name to lotsofstufftoget? :rodekaart:-d:roll:

·
Registered
503 Posts
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings..."

Nice to see a fellow transformer fan on the forum. I didn't know the masterpiece Optimus Prime was that huge! Awesome detail. Oh, the watch is cool looking too! :-!

·
Registered
922 Posts
i like the colors, but i think people here would think it's a Lakers watch. with their popularity now, it would attract too much unwanted attention towards myself, esp. from my students. they are lakers and dodgers fans. but cool nonetheless. Mike:)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You have some cool pieces there!
I was a Transformers fan when I was a kid, my brother much more so.

There was a bunch of Transformers toys laying around our room. Your pics brought me back!

Your new G has definitely found a worthy owner!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.