WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I have some info on this watch please. I would assume that this is not a current issue watch, right? would it be possible to know when this model was issued and when was it last issued? Some pictures of the watch is appreciated, case back screwdown? made in Japan?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I don't have much of the answers to this question as I do not have my G bible with me now.

However, here's some information regarding DW-6900. This model does not have screwdown case back. It's a typical fibre-reinforced plastic case secured with stainless steel plate & 4 screws.

Models having the Fox Fire should be made in Japan, however, I may be wrong.:-x

Cheers,
MountainMike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here specs

Impact structure
20 atmospheric pressure waterproof function
Stop watch (with split for one second (1:00 '00' ~ '23:59 '59s) total for 24 hours) for 1/100 seconds ('00' and 0 '00~59 '59' '99s))
Timer : The maximum set for one minute
Multi alarm and time signal
Full auto calendar
System display switch of 12/24 time
LED backlight
Size (H×W×D)/weight: 53.2×50.0×16.3mm/66g

Here pictures.

Caseback pic a bit blurry.

NOTE: This watch currently can be ordered as custom "Team Watch"(shown below). selected teams emblems are printed on certain parts of the watch. i can post some example if requested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Basically I am asking this questions because I spotted this in a shop and according to the shopkeeper, the watch has been there for sometime. I have checked the model no. to the g-shock official book and the g-shock 25th anniversary book and the watch is listed as issued 07/1995 (pg 21 25th anniversary book). However the dw-5600e was issued 06/1996 and is still a current issued watch. So is this still a current issued watch? Why? because the price is 2 times the dw-6900-1v (the mission impossible 2 watch, identical in model no and picture). I don't want to pay 2 times the price for a current issue watch (due to lack of knowledge or research) that is being sold at half the price like the dw-6900-1v (which the shop also have). I do appreciate that I could not find many models beyond the 90's with the wordings Fox Fire.

I really need help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Mansrow, sir. that is the one. except for the 3 subdials. The 2 smaller subdial (which appears black in your picture) in the watch is greenish and the larger subdial with the 10,20,30,40,50, is orange. Confirm the watch is made in Japan.

Just talked to the shopkeeper and evidently he has a dw-5600e-1 for salev as well.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
very interesting. i think the only person that can help you out is Wah and Sjors.
if u do get it, please post pics.

very curious how it really looks like.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Think it's still in production, the gold displayed contemporary to the basic black 6900. The firefox version is much more difficult to find outside Japan than the illuminator version (dw-6900G).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi there, I picked up one of these a month ago from eprey and I love it. The gold display looks great, much better than the standard 6900 you see in walmart everywhere. I highly recommend one. Sorry I have no pics of it yet.

Jason

·
Registered
773 Posts
Think it's still in production, the gold displayed contemporary to the basic black 6900. The firefox version is much more difficult to find outside Japan than the illuminator version (dw-6900G).

Might just be the fancy photography, but the 6600 looks miles better with the red and orange font on the bezel instead of gray. And let me guess, that makes it 2x as expensive or more right? Edit- Sherms, is it basically the same one for sale here, except for this one not being M.I.J.? http://www.jomashop.com/dw6900g.html

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Pretty sure the 6900G is made in China, not sure about the 6900B. I'd assume the 6900B is only for the Japanese market.

As far as I can tell the only differences are the words on the face "Illuminator" instead of "Foxfire" and "Water 200M resist" instead of "Water 20Bar Resist"

·
Registered
753 Posts
I won one of these last month in an auction on eBay...it was used and the case was in not-too-great shape, so I switched it to a yellow bezel/band. Now it *almost* looks like a DW-6900H-9 (the WATER 20BAR RESIST text on the face should be blue as well the as line outlining the third eye...and I may or may not paint the G on the 5th EL button white).

The casing was in pretty good shape though, so with the new bezel/band it was like getting a new watch!

·
Registered
753 Posts
DW-6900H-9

(photo from mygshock.com)

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
i know this isnt relative much, but ehres a pic of your cousin, the Fox Fire 6630. im wearing it right now, and just wanted to chime in. hope you dont mind.

·
Registered
12,184 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think Foxfire is exclusive to japanese releases. "Foxfire" refers to a type of mushrooms or something that glow in the dark, probably in Japan or something

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Yes, Japan releases. Found Fox Fire is Japanese for bioluminescence, taken from fungi that decay wood, genus Armillaria. Side note, used by Mark Twain in Adventure's of Huckleberry Finn,when he and Tom dug a tunnel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts