WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Long-time lurker, seldom poster, G-Shock lover (own 7 different Gs).

My 'beater' watch (working out, yard work, working on the car, etc) is my DW-9051. Got it back in 2003, and still going strong - still on the original battery!

But yesterday, I was getting ready to go for a run, and was gonna use the stopwatch like I always do, I noticed it didn't 'beep' when I hit the mode button. Trying other functins like the alarm & the stopwatch, I couldn't get the watch to make a single beep. Time to replace the battery I thought (manual says its a 3-year battery, I'm on year 6!)

But one thing that is odd - the light works fine, as does everything else on the watch. Just no beeping.

Any ideas what's been going on? Is it the battery?

A search revealed this happens often when the back cover is removed to change the battery (spring lost, or bent), but the back cover has never been off!

I still love it, but would really like to be able to use the alarm & the beeps for the stopwatch.

thanks in advance!

auto_cran

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,199 Posts
I would also think about a new battery first.:think:
After exchange you would have to reset the module which might help too.

Anyhow, if i would open up the watch for resetting the module, i would change the battery anyhow (just to not wear out sealings and threads by open the watch more often then neccesary) ;-)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
You might find that the spring has become dislodged or needs 'pulling out' a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts