WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, have just signed up to this forum and have been collecting older casio watches for a while now!:)

I recently got my first G-Shock a DW9700, in nice condition and looks to be an older model going by some of the photos of similar models on the web, I can't seem to find much reference to this one in particular, is this one a rare G-shock or quite common?
These G-shocks are nice watches, very rugged in construction and comfortable to wear.
Just curious to know about the DW9700, if anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great.b-) Heres a pic attached of it.

Cheers!
Glen

Attachments

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I think this is the old/original version of the gulfman series. They have been out of production for a few years making them some what rare. I'm sure someone on the board who owns one would have some more solid background info for you. Nice find!

Hi all, have just signed up to this forum and have been collecting older casio watches for a while now!:)

I recently got my first G-Shock a DW9700, in nice condition and looks to be an older model going by some of the photos of similar models on the web, I can't seem to find much reference to this one in particular, is this one a rare G-shock or quite common?
These G-shocks are nice watches, very rugged in construction and comfortable to wear.
Just curious to know about the DW9700, if anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great.b-) Heres a pic attached of it.

Cheers!
Glen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sherms, thanks for the reply, well it looks like I'm off to a good start with the G-shocks, didn't pay much for it either!.|> I was planning to use this as a daily wear, but if its a rare one I might keep it aside...:)
Cheers!
Glen

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Welcome glen32, it'd be great to see some of the old Casio you've collected, but happy conversion anyway to the G-Shock tribe.:-!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, many thanks for the warm welcome! :-! I'll be on the hunt now for more older G-shocks to add to my small collection of watches which will no doubt start growing as the 'disease' sets in! ;-) The only older non G shock casios I have that are worth noting is the TC-600, AX250 and an ATC-1000 Triple Sensor which I bought new in 1995 and still have.
I've only just started looking at G-shocks and did not realise that there are so many models! The mind boggles....:p
Cheers!
Glen

·
Registered
12 Posts

Cheers!
Glen
Hi.

I have the same watch. It's a great old gulfman with lots of features which the newer ones don't have. For exampel the 24h-countdown-timer, or the 20-sec alarm....It also belongs to the master of G-Series which stands for extreme toughness. Also has the larger battery included like the frogman or raysman, so battery level has never dropped at mine. But I don't know how long it was produced. It think it's really a rare model now. There exist some special-editions which are even more rare.
Enjoy it and keep it in good health.

Greetings
Alex

·
Registered
763 Posts
Here's one of the said special editions. I really like the DW-9700 Gulfman :-! (Aswell as the DW-6100's)

Rusty

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Welcome. The lifeguard special is a great watch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts