WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all,

I'm a new member and a long-time G-Shock enthusiast.

I like the chunky size of the DW-003 and have found a DW003-2v I am looking at buying. Is this model a similar size to the DW-003 from the early nineties? I'm keen on finding out the diameter and depth of the watch body, as it will be a big factor in my buying. So, if anyone has any info it'd be much appreciated ;-)

Regards

Das

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi dasnapper and welcome to the forum, if you check my collection thread https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/my-g-collection-so-far-caution-pic-heavy-735486.html you will see I have a liking for the DW-003 and the one your asking about is from the same linup as the top 2, they are the same as all the other DW-003's in size but due to the strap they don't wear the same, where the normal ones sit at around 18mm in height these straps make them sit at 21mm top and 16mm at the bottom of your wrist. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The DW003 was a mid to late nineties model and is discontinued, they didn't do any re-releases but there are plenty of BNOS still floating around so the one you are looking at will be one of the original models. I have a DW003-2V, as far as I can tell from Googling it should be the standard resin band like mine, I could be wrong though, have you seen pics of the one you want to buy? The measurements are 47mm Diameter, 18mm depth with the standard resin and 47mm Diameter, 21mm depth with the double velcro.

And here is the obligatory wrist shot, I have a 6.5 inch wrist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The DW003 was a mid to late nineties model and is discontinued, they didn't do any re-releases but there are plenty of BNOS still floating around so the one you are looking at will be one of the original models. I have a DW003-2V, as far as I can tell from Googling it should be the standard resin band like mine, I could be wrong though, have you seen pics of the one you want to buy? The measurements are 47mm Diameter, 18mm depth with the standard resin and 47mm Diameter, 21mm depth with the double velcro.

And here is the obligatory wrist shot, I have a 6.5 inch wrist.

Thanks to you both. Sounds like this is a winner for me. Great colour for jeans :)

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts