WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a chance of the DW5035-7 yellowing over time? I'm interested in purchasing the watch but hesitant about pulling the trigger because of the fact that it may not stay 'clear'. Any insight on this would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES, but this is hard jelly, so it is gonna take a long time, much longer than the normal soft jelly -

about 5 years, i guess
Interesting term you used there. Never really heard of the term 'jelly' used in reference to watches. Thanks for the reply nonetheless. Gives me a little peace of mind with the info you gave me.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Wear it, enjoy it, keep it away from air and sunlight when you're not. That should keep it clear a longer period. That said, I have a '99 Frogman that the resin was a translucent grey and it got a bit of green in it, over time I think it actually looks pretty cool that way. Pic is from a few years ago when I bought, but it's pretty much that. Another thing that I do which I don't have any scientific back up for is that about once a year, I hit the straps and bezels with F21 protectant (they call it something else now, but Turtle Wax makes it and is has UV blockers in it.) It seems to keep the resin in good condition.

0.png

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Could always call casio uk if your in the uk, or pacparts/casio for usa and see if they have replacements in stock. I'm sure as well casio resently restocked the GA735e so you never know. Also i sure but could be wrong they do keep replacement parts on limited edition models for so long.

just me

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I bought myself one for X-mas and it arrived today. I snuck a peak, tried it on, but back in the box it went. I like the printed dial and love the LCD (had wanted this style since seeing the 'ocean grey' DW5025) but I am thinking about putting aftermarket gold metal band and bezel. I like the clear jelly though, very original imho compared to the last batch of 5030 anniversary editions which were nice, but didn't do anything for me.

Have any pics been shared with black resin? I might try that too down the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts