WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new DW5600E a couple days ago and wore it a little over the weekend but didn't like the way it fit. It's not that it's that uncomfortable, it just doesn't fit well. In one hole it's too large and the other hole it's too tight.

After some searching it looks like some have used a band meant for the GW5000. Ebay has them but they cost almost as much as the watch.

Anyone have different band suggestions? Opinions and pics of a DW5600E using the GW5000 band would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
195 Posts
Those bands are standardized. You have the same problem that I do, a wrist 'in-between.' You need a steel-cased screwdown G. 5000SL or one of the anniversary models will add that little bit of thickness to make it fit perfectly.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
All the straps between DW-6900 and DW-5600 are interchangeable - you might try the strap for a DW-6900 - I once had one on my GLS-5600 - for my wrist it was a better fit:

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I put a GW-5000 band on a DW-5600E and it fit very comfortably. The resin is softer. You can pick them up from PacParts for just over $16 (shipping not included).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a GW-5000 band on a DW-5600E and it fit very comfortably. The resin is softer. You can pick them up from PacParts for just over $16 (shipping not included).

Thanks for for the heads up on PacParts. I guess it's best to call them. Their site is like trying to decipher hieroglyphics.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
I have a GW-5000 strap installed on my DW-5600e. Perfect combination. The strap looks identical to the stock strap, but it feels softer and more flexible. I got my strap from Seiya at Seiyajapan.com.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the links. I also found a new one on ebay from a seller in CA. 29.95 & free shipping.

Do you think the GW5000 strap will solve the in between hole sizing problem? Is it sized a little different?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I'm not sure, the strap will me more comfortable because of the material, but I'm not sure if the hole location will be any different.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same issue and ended up returning the 5600e and getting a gwm5610. The gwms are a few mm shorter lug to lug which made it fit perfectly for me.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Thanks for for the heads up on PacParts. I guess it's best to call them. Their site is like trying to decipher hieroglyphics.
While I like PacParts, I suspect their "main page" was designed in the early days of Teh Intarwebz by someone who was overly excited by links -- and never really updated! :-d

I bypass all that silliness by going directly to "Search by Model Number" at the top center of their main page: http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm

...although even that used to be "clunky" and using a hyphen in a model number (DW-5600E) could result in a "model not found," but I think they've mostly fixed that now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the info guys.

I have a new GW500 strap on the way that I bought from a fellow member. Until it arrives I bought one of those "All Straps" from Walmart and put in on this morning. The "in between holes" fit is a lot better, not too big or too small. I'm impressed with the quality and the way it feels. It also matches the 5600E color pretty close. It has a wee bit of a shine to it but it's very close.

I'll wear it until my new GW5000 strap gets here.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Until it arrives I bought one of those "All Straps" from Walmart and put in on this morning. <snip>

I'm impressed with the quality and the way it feels. It also matches the 5600E color pretty close. It has a wee bit of a shine to it but it's very close.
If it's anything like the rubbery plastic resin that Casio uses in their straps, "polishing" it gently with a pencil eraser or melamine foam (aka "Magic Eraser") will dull that shine down to more of a matte finish. (It's not so much "polishing" as "covering the surface with a few hundred thousand tiny shallow scratches in different directions.")

I've also read of people using denim from their blue jeans, as in "rub the strap on the pants leg while wearing them," but I haven't tried that one myself.

Hopefully the new strap arrives quickly! :-!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I got my new DW5600E a couple days ago and wore it a little over the weekend but didn't like the way it fit. It's not that it's that uncomfortable, it just doesn't fit well. In one hole it's too large and the other hole it's too tight.
I have the exact same problem with the band I just bought.

After some searching it looks like some have used a band meant for the GW5000. Ebay has them but they cost almost as much as the watch.
The band I have the problem with *is* the GW50000 band (but I got it at a much better price.) Hate the thing! The real rubber straps on my Seikos are great and don't cost much more. Oddly, the plastic strap on my chap Casio is much better. (And I got the strap from TikTox, so it's definitely genuine.) Oh - and the 50000 strap is a marginal fit at best if you have an 8+ inch wrist.

Casio should produce a real rubber strap. If I could find one with "vents" at a decent price in 24mm I'd consider altering it to fit.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have a couple of GW5000s and don't get the hype over the straps. I actually prefer the stiffer cheaper straps than the softer feeling ie. flimsy straps of the GW5000. I get that people like the softer feel, but to me it just feels cheap. I actually prefer (and this is going to sound weird) one of the cheapo Seidel replacement straps meant to fit a DW5600 that I bought after the keeper of my original GW5600J-1 broke about a year or two in when I bought it in 2006. I now have that same Seidel strap only on my GW5600BCJ-1 and am wearing it right now. It has a satiny gloss to it that matches the worn and glossy bezel from the original GW5600J-1 I bought way back in 2006. Basically I wore it for 6 years straight, and I could count on two hands how many times the GW5600J-1 was ever removed from my wrist, which was only just to clean the underside of the case back and underside of the strap and crevices with a soapy toothbrush and that was done maybe twice a year.

Wish I could find a Seidel strap like that as I prefer it over the regular Casio straps which I have bought direct from Casio as backups for most of my G's. It appears they only make the colored cloth/leather straps for Casio and not the DW5600 generic clones anymore. I still can't believe this strap is still going strong after daily use for over 7 years now. Original keeper and it doesn't look like it's going to fall apart anytime soon. Kind of odd as I bought a used G5500AL-1 ALIFE collab G-Shock watch not long ago and it is a watch that has only been out in 2010 so at most it is 3 years old and who knows when the first owner bought it, but the strap is falling apart and the keeper is basically falling in two pieces. I actually tried to reinforce the strap and keeper with Plasti-Dip rubber spray, but it was a failed attempt as it rubbed off after wearing it for a day or 2.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have a couple of GW5000s and don't get the hype over the straps. I actually prefer the stiffer cheaper straps than the softer feeling ie. flimsy straps of the GW5000. I get that people like the softer feel, but to me it just feels cheap.
More importantly, it simply is garbage. It doesn't have enough stretch to be comfortable on the too-small hole, or enough friction to be stable on the too-large hole. My Seiko B22 flat vent cost only a little more, is usable on three holes, looks great and smells like fresh vannilla, and would have no problems with a substantially larger wrist than my 8.25 inch one - the stupid dw5000 doesn't have any strap at all protudiing out of the keeper even though, pointlessly, it has at least one more hole in.

Casio: people will pay money for good straps, and A 5600 deserves just as nice a pair of shoes as an SKX007!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts