WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being 'lost' by Royal Mail for a week, this sweet G arrived today. I've been waiting eagerly for this one and i'm glad to say i am not disappointed, even the missus likes it b-)

Other than the DW6100 model that it is based upon (i love the 6100's) i know very little about this special edition other than the obvious Triple Crown Of Surfing - Hawaiin Pro special edition stuff. It would appear to be 1666 of a limited run of 3000. I can't believe i managed to spot this on US ebay, convince the seller to send to UK and win it for such a good price :-! Appears to have never been worn.

Now i just have my same old dilemma of whether to wear it or not, though i guess it is better than the dilemma of wishing i could wear it but not having it :-d

Here are a few Q&D pics anyway, i particularly like the brass strap keeper with little surfing petroglyph(?) man.....

Box a little battered after it's journey, my other 6100 came for a look :-d

Obigatory lume shot (fwiw :-d)

Does anybody else have any further information about this watch???

Rusty

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
OMG!!! That is beautiful!!! The gold buckle and strap keeper on the black canvas material is outstanding! Congrats Rusty, that is one great looker. I wonder what's its history. How much did you part for it, if you don't mind. :-!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG!!! That is beautiful!!! The gold buckle and strap keeper on the black canvas material is outstanding! Congrats Rusty, that is one great looker. I wonder what's its history. How much did you part for it, if you don't mind. :-!
I'm almost ashamed to say what i paid for it, but what the heck - £16!!!!! can't believe my luck tbh. Seller was very helpful and gave me several postage options and that he'd charge postage +$2 so came to a grand total of $42 (£21) including postage from US to UK.

To say i am happy is an understatement, i thought the bids would've gone way out of my league. Though i just took a look at the auction and it was listed in
Sporting Goods > Surfing, Wind Surfing > Other Surfing Items
Collectibles > Cultures, Ethnicities > Hawaiiana > Jewelry

no listing in watches, so maybe this is why there wasn't much interest?

Here is the ebay page if you want a look http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280165882047&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

Rusty

·
Registered
783 Posts
My favorite classic G-Shock. Too bad it has a useless light otherwise I would wear mines everyday. Its funny becuase IMO that light is just bright enought to let you know where it is but not what time it is.. haha

but yours look awsome!

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
I love the keeper. Absolutely fantastic. Makes me wish I was going to Hawaii on holiday this Christmas instead of being stuck in the office.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My favorite classic G-Shock. Too bad it has a useless light otherwise I would wear mines everyday. Its funny becuase IMO that light is just bright enought to let you know where it is but not what time it is.. haha

but yours look awsome!
On the topic of the light, imo it is just enough to show you the time, but only just enough. I find if it is truly too dark to see the time without assistance, then the bulb is JUST fit for purpose, without wasting any light :-d i think we're pampered these days with the excellent EL lume on modern watches. Plus the bulb helps to give it more of the 'old school' feeling :-!

I remember my 1st digital watch with a light, probably about 30yrs ago now. At the time i wanted to be impressed by it, but was underwhelmed, though looking back, that too was JUST enough to read the time :-d

Thanks for all the positive words fellas b-) i'm as chuffed as a dog with 2 wotsits with this watch i must say.

Rusty

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Man, that keeper is hot. I really love how it goes with the black strap. Any idea what year it came out?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, that keeper is hot. I really love how it goes with the black strap. Any idea what year it came out?
Don't know anything at all about it m8, let alone the year of release. I was kind of hoping someone else might know about it :-d it seems it is rarer than i thought.

Rusty

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
I see Sjors had been enquiring about it on the internet a few months ago. The only real information I can find is that it's from 2002 or earlier. There seems to have been one on sale in Japan about 6 months ago. Looks like you got a really rare one there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts