WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search here, and most of the results were not on point (e.g. changing batteries, battery vs. solar, etc.), so I would like to hear from DW6900 owners who have had to change a battery. I know how, but I want to know when to expect it.

I have seven DW6900's, only a few of them get regular use, and I use alarm and backlight infrequently. I plan on having my G's for a long, long time, so a battery change (or two) (or seven) is inevitable. . . .

Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Banned
856 Posts
I dont have a DW6900, but I have two other Casios, which I've had for more than 15 years. Both lasts at least double of Casio's estimate, if I rarely use the light. I think that's about 10-15 light button pushes pr. year.

EDIT: Just for the record, one of the watches I mentioned, is a twinsensor (ALT6000). Within the 5+ years it runs on one battery, it'll do 525.600 temperature measurements and 21.900 baro ditto b-)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Forget about the battery and just buy it!

Same here. My first G lasted at least five years before needing a battery change and for quite some time I had it beeping at every hour and used the alarm at times. Used the light plenty of times. It was also constantly updating the temperature, and I thought it was cool, so I checked it a lot sometimes. I defintately got more than my share of 2 years worth of battery power out of it! :-!

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have a friend with a dw-6900 and he wears it EVERYDAY. With dress shirts, swimming, to meetings, everything. He is going on almost 6 years he told me with the original battery.

I have some older digital Timex's that have gone 10+ with ease. It's quite amazing how long some digitals will last.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear -- thanks for the responses. If I get 4 or 5 years out of my original batteries, I will be very pleased.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a DW6900 that I've changed the battery/pressure tested only once. It's over 10 years old, I believe. I'm not big on using the alarms but the EL got used every day, as well as the hourly signal. One thing I've noticed is the EL is super bright compared to the GW 6900, so I still use the DW often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts