WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at WalMart earlier today and as many of us do, I wondered by the watch counter to check out what they had. I noticed a version of the DW9052 that I had never seen before, so I had to bring it home. The color of the display looks more gold than green to me, thus it reminds me of the DW5600EG. This is also a much more affordable option to said 5600.

The only thing that I have not limed about the DW9052 in the past is how the strap fits. So I just threw on a pair of Jays&Kays and I've been off to the races. So far I am quite taken with this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I was at WalMart earlier today and as many of us do, I wondered by the watch counter to check out what they had. I noticed a version of the DW9052 that I had never seen before, so I had to bring it home. The color of the display looks more gold than green to me, thus it reminds me of the DW5600EG. This is also a much more affordable option to said 5600.

The only thing that I have not limed about the DW9052 in the past is how the strap fits. So I just threw on a pair of Jays&Kays and I've been off to the races. So far I am quite taken with this one.

I like the color of the display, lettering and accents on this one.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like it. Sounds almost stupid how taken I am with it.

Also the buckle to the strap is gold

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
the 9050/2 is called basic, simple and cheap. but i disagree, its a great module series. i have a 9050 and 4 9052's, with 2 more in the parts bin. i saw that one at wallyworld last weekend. nice, but not needed for me right now.

enjoy it.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
the 9050/2 is called basic, simple and cheap. but i disagree, its a great module series. i have a 9050 and 4 9052's, with 2 more in the parts bin. i saw that one at wallyworld last weekend. nice, but not needed for me right now.

enjoy it.
How does the DW-9052 wear compared to the DW-6900? Casio's dimensions indicate the DW-9052 is somewhat smaller than the DW-6900. Also, I've heard some posters mention that the strap can pivot on the spring bars with the DW-9052, rather than being fixed in place as with the DW-6900.

My DW-6900BB-1 has more wrist gap than I'd prefer, due to the way the strap flares out at the watch case. I do like that this version has a strap that doesn't taper near the buckle, and I also like the black metal buckle, so I won't be replacing this strap with a GW-5000 strap.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Softer and closer, less gap.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
Thanks, Wit. I might give one a try. I really like the colors of the one the OP bought. I don't have any other Gs with gold accents.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How does a stock DW-9052 wear compared to a stock DW-6900?
The stock 9052 strap fits tighter to the sides of your wrist with more gap to the top & bottom. If like me, you have a 7.5-7.75 inch wrist it is uncomfortable. I much prefer the strap to the 6900 but the head of the 9052.

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
i guess its the wrist shape, im about 6.75 and both fit well. 6900 has a bit of gap, but i wear G's a tad loose.

·
Registered
971 Posts
The stock 9052 strap fits tighter to the sides of your wrist with more gap to the top & bottom. If like me, you have a 7.5-7.75 inch wrist it is uncomfortable. I much prefer the strap to the 6900 but the head of the 9052.

Exactly,I wear the DW-9052V that initially comes equipped with the canvas faux leather strap.off that came and switched in a new DW-6900 strap to the 9052 and man what a difference.wears much better,real comfortable,and looks like it came with the watch.the OEM 9052 strap seems to just hang there and is not very comfortable.6900 strap retains its curvature which serves a purpose if dropped.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I decided to purchase one as well--like the look a lot.

Some guys think it is too small but until recently this size was pretty standard with many watches. My Omega Seamaster and a few others--from the past--were actually around this size and maybe a mm or so smaller actually. The giant behemoths of 50mm+ are popular among many and I do have a few--G Shocks/Pro Treks--they are a fairly recent event but are not for every guy/person.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts