WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for this LE for months, so when I got a call from my AD that it had finally arrived I was almost ready to take a half day from work and head down there, but I exercised some rare patience and waited until the following day.

I thought I'd provide some photos since I know there are a lot of jelly fans and then maybe give my thoughts on the DWE-5600 models and features..

There really isn't much to say in terms of functionality, but when it comes to design the CC reinforced case is obviously a change and for the better. When changing straps on my resin case models I have gouged the lugs and lug holes a bit here and there, but after a very serious, 4 letter word laced wrestling match with this one (more on that later), the lugs look fine. Sure, it isn't noticably lighter or anything, and yeah it is probably more for marketing than anything else, but I do appreciate it.

Another thing I noticed is the jelly straps for this model seem significantly more supple than other 5600 models I own. I could be wrong, but they certainly feel softer and more comfortable. Overall, the colors are a lot of fun and I love the display design, especially the font and the caseback.

As for the quick release spring bars, I am not a fan. I found them more difficult than regular spring bars, but I think I will get better at it. Anyone have any suggestions? Is there something that works well for you with these? I was even using my actual slring bar removal tool and still found it very difficult. The only good thing is once in place they snap in immediately without having to push them in with a tool. For me, this just felt like fixing an annoyance with another annoyance. The bezels are brilliant though. I love how easy they to remove and not having to worry about stripping any cheap screws is a plus.

Lastly, I feel like this might be how this model continually gets released, solely for LEs with multiple straps and bezels to jack up the price. It wasn't necessarily outrageous, but definitely more than I would like to spend on a basic square. Casio knows me too well and by dumping extra straps in they know I will talk myself into it.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Here are some pics.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
I have been waiting for this LE for months, so when I got a call from my AD that it had finally arrived I was almost ready to take a half day from work and head down there, but I exercised some rare patience and waited until the following day.

I thought I'd provide some photos since I know there are a lot of jelly fans and then maybe give my thoughts on the DWE-5600 models and features..

There really isn't much to say in terms of functionality, but when it comes to design the CC reinforced case is obviously a change and for the better. When changing straps on my resin case models I have gouged the lugs and lug holes a bit here and there, but after a very serious, 4 letter word laced wrestling match with this one (more on that later), the lugs look fine. Sure, it isn't noticably lighter or anything, and yeah it is probably more for marketing than anything else, but I do appreciate it.

Another thing I noticed is the jelly straps for this model seem significantly more supple than other 5600 models I own. I could be wrong, but they certainly feel softer and more comfortable. Overall, the colors are a lot of fun and I love the display design, especially the font and the caseback.

As for the quick release spring bars, I am not a fan. I found them more difficult than regular spring bars, but I think I will get better at it. Anyone have any suggestions? Is there something that works well for you with these? I was even using my actual slring bar removal tool and still found it very difficult. The only good thing is once in place they snap in immediately without having to push them in with a tool. For me, this just felt like fixing an annoyance with another annoyance. The bezels are brilliant though. I love how easy they to remove and not having to worry about stripping any cheap screws is a plus.

Lastly, I feel like this might be how this model continually gets released, solely for LEs with multiple straps and bezels to jack up the price. It wasn't necessarily outrageous, but definitely more than I would like to spend on a basic square. Casio knows me too well and by dumping extra straps in they know I will talk myself into it.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Here are some pics.

View attachment 15932164

View attachment 15932165

View attachment 15932166

View attachment 15932167

View attachment 15932170

View attachment 15932172

View attachment 15932173

View attachment 15932174

View attachment 15932176

View attachment 15932178

View attachment 15932179

View attachment 15932181
I quite like this one and don't blame you for grabbing it!

There's actually quite a lot of colour combos you can go for if you really want to mix things up.

I do think Casio hike their prices with this sort of thing though, I reckon it could be priced better at something like £150.

I would also like to see this carbon model released as a "standard" 5600 rather than a wild looking LE.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, thought I'd confirm a speculation. I dragged out my other square jellies and yes, it is significantly more supple. Weird. They're not pumping out a new formula for this LE obviously, so I'll need to check out the recent transparent ga-2100 or square to see how they feel and if the jelly formula has changed since just last year.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Why are they still doing the short adjust button? No one has ever hit that button on accident. Stop it already.

My only experience with QR spring bars on Casio is my GA-2100 and I don't get it, it's not QR, you can't actually reach that little lever at all, you still have to use a spring bar tool to push the lever.

Are the ends of the springbar fatter than normal like the spring bars on the GA-2100?

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are they still doing the short adjust button? No one has ever hit that button on accident. Stop it already.

My only experience with QR spring bars on Casio is my GA-2100 and I don't get it, it's not QR, you can't actually reach that little lever at all, you still have to use a spring bar tool to push the lever.

Are the ends of the springbar fatter than normal like the spring bars on the GA-2100?
I didn't notice it being fatter. I actually just took it off and slapped on the orange a bit ago and now that I am used to it I had no issues. Like I said, the only benefit is it snaps into place without having to force it in. I really like that...but calling it QR is a bit of a joke.
Totally agree about the adjust button. I don't get that at all. Actually since we are talking about jellies, the 4 jellies they released a couple years back completely obstructed the button. Of all the Gs I have owned, they were the worst when it came to the adjust. To be honest, I had never noticed a difference from one dw-5600 iteration to the next except with those (red, blue, green, and silver). The button is only accessible if I remove them from my wrist, which I wouldn't care that much about except I use the stop watch and it makes it a pain to reset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts