WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

My name is Rafael Simoes Miranda, and I am here to introduce you my brand, DWISS - Design Watch Independent Switzerland.
It designs and produces limited edition Swiss made watches with unique time display systems.

I founded the company in 2011. I have started my career in Italy, in 2002, first designing furniture and from 2006 on, mostly watches.
I have already created more than 300 different watches for 15 different brands, and won some important international design awards, like the Red Dot Design Award. I was also a watch designer teacher in Milan.

DWISS has already participated in the most important watch fairs: Baselworld (2014 and 2015) and Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair (2014 and 2015), and launched 4 collections.

DWISS WUS-01.jpg

The first collection called M1 was introduced in 2012, followed by the the first ever watch made out of Niobium (Nb1Zr - 99% Niobium 1% Zirconium), with the model CLASSIQUE.
Created exclusively for the Brazilian mining company CBMM and awarded with the IDA - International Design Award.

DWISS WUS-02.jpg

The M2 collection was launched in the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter in 2016, where DWISS sold more than 400 watches in one month.
Due to its innovative time display system, this collection received two design awards in 2017: IDA, again, and the European Product Design Award – ePDA, granted in a ceremony at the European Parliament in Brussels.

DWISS WUS-03.jpg
DWISS WUS-06.jpg
DWISS WUS-04.jpg

The R1 collection was also launched in Kickstarter in 2017, and got funded in 4 minutes. Loyal to its innovative feature, the R1 collection brought the greatest watch ever presented to crowdfunding with the Swiss made tourbillon version.
The collection also came with automatic and quartz variations, which could be projected on your wrist using the brand´s augmented reality app: www.dwiss.com/android or www.dwiss.com/IOS

DWISS WUS-05.jpg
DWISS WUS-08.jpg
DWISS WUS-09.jpg
DWISS WUS-07.jpg

In order to complete the R1 collection, DWISS will launch next Monday its third Kickstarter campaign presenting a mechanical version.
It will be a special limited edition of only 100 pieces using Caliber ETA/PESEAUX 7001, a hand winding movement of 2,5 mm, 17 jewels, Incabloc shock protection system, 42 hours of power reserve, that nicely beats at a rate of 21'600 per hour (3Hz).

The campaign will start on Monday, 29[SUP]th[/SUP] January, at 1 p.m. Swiss time zone (UTC +1); 4am Los Angeles (PST); 7 am New York (EST); 12 p.m. UK (GMT); and 8 p.m. Singapore.
And the fits 10 backers will be contemplated with a special price. We would be delighted to have your feedback and support in this new endeavor. Thank you.

Cheers!!!
Rafael

Rafael Simoes Miranda | Founder & Designer
DWISS SA | www.dwiss.com
www.dwiss.com | https://www.instagram.com/dwisswatch | www.facebook.com/dwiss.sa | www.youtube.com/channel/UC_j-koDSZl1pDa3xn2c-Xfw

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Love your designs!

Follow me on Instagram @ciccio_started_it

Reactions: DWISS

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
definitely digging the designs! good luck!

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Great! :-!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone that spent some time reading the post, especially the ones replying to it. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Gostei bastante dos designs e muito da escolha dos materiais como o Nióbio!
Muito sucesso e um abraço de Portugal. ;-)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Kudos to you for doing something different and not another sub homage. I'm not in your target market looking for a $9,500 tourbillon either, let alone from an unknown brand. With that said, all the random text around the edge of the dial kills it for me. 28,800bph, automatic, tourbillon, 10atm, swiss, sapphire... seems a bit excessive to me. I know other brands do it as well (i'm looking at you Rolex and 5 line Pelagos), but I'm not a fan of that either. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kudos to you for doing something different and not another sub homage. I'm not in your target market looking for a $9,500 tourbillon either, let alone from an unknown brand. With that said, all the random text around the edge of the dial kills it for me. 28,800bph, automatic, tourbillon, 10atm, swiss, sapphire... seems a bit excessive to me. I know other brands do it as well (i'm looking at you Rolex and 5 line Pelagos), but I'm not a fan of that either. Best of luck to you.
Hi Justin, the tourbillon is the talking piece in our collection. We got a range of other movements like quartz, automatics and on Monday we will present a manual-winding. There's a price range for most microbrand watch enthusiasts, I'm sure you can find something in your target price, maybe next time we can come in your design target as well, thank you. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts