WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the reason for the different subdial markings on this model? I am speaking about the 30-minute register on the left side, one version has a second, inner circle that the other does not. Pics below for reference, not my watches.

I'm asking to be informed since I plan to pick one of these up again. I've had two over the past 15-years and foolishly let them go and realize now it is one of my favorite pieces I've had. Did the same with the 911 Flightmaster and now have one of those back in my possession.

omegadynamic.jpg 4k-5dcb47c18906b55bd1fdc2d9.JPG

Reactions: rikersbeard

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Interesting. Mine has the minutes subdial hashmarks along the outer rings and the white numerals, like the bottom one.

Mine also has a very strong lume glow, while my Dynamic 3 hander has a weak, short-lived glow, like old tritium, and has the yellow numerals. I've sometimes wondered if the chrono with the strong lume is a service dial/hands, but I've never seen anything documented about tritium vs modern lume.

The serial numbers might shed some light (heh!) on it as well. The 3rd gen Dynamic run was pretty short, but they may have changed the dials during it.

Omega Dynamic Chrono 03a.jpg

omega dynamic chrono lume 01a.jpg

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
The first one you have pictured is an early(1997-early 1998) 5240.50.00 that has tritium lume (hence the yellow lume), a dial with the sub-register at 9 o'clock having tick marks under the numbers and a bracelet with ridged end links . The later ones were superluminova and had a different dial (sub-register at 9 o'clock has tick marks above the numbers), white looking lume and non ridged end links

Here is my old 1999 Dynamic 3

These are nice looking watches and exude a classic vibe

Attachments

·
Registered
776 Posts
I had the one with just the outside track. The yellow tick marks indicate pay phone intervals (when it was time to drop in another quarter). Sold mine, had full set with all the B&P. What scared me was the DD chrono module. Not cheap to fix when something goes wrong.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first one you have pictured is an early(1997-early 1998) 5240.50.00 that has tritium lume (hence the yellow lume), a dial with the sub-register at 9 o'clock having tick marks under the numbers and a bracelet with ridged end links . The later ones were superluminova and had a different dial (sub-register at 9 o'clock has tick marks above the numbers), white looking lume and non ridged end links

Here is my old 1999 Dynamic 3

These are nice looking watches and exude a classic vibe
Thank you, I also had two of the later model, and also somewhat prefer the style of that subdial over the earlier one. Good to know it has superior lume too. I think I'll stick with it when I go searching for a new one, thanks much, exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the one with just the outside track. The yellow tick marks indicate pay phone intervals (when it was time to drop in another quarter). Sold mine, had full set with all the B&P. What scared me was the DD chrono module. Not cheap to fix when something goes wrong.

I remember that pay phone trivia from when they were new! I think this related to British pay phones if I'm recalling correctly, but not sure.

·
Vendor
6,597 Posts
Never really paid much attention to the sub dials until today :)

IMG_3176.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know the reason for the different subdial markings on this model? I am speaking about the 30-minute register on the left side, one version has a second, inner circle that the other does not. Pics below for reference, not my watches.

I'm asking to be informed since I plan to pick one of these up again. I've had two over the past 15-years and foolishly let them go and realize now it is one of my favorite pieces I've had. Did the same with the 911 Flightmaster and now have one of those back in my possession.

View attachment 14821561 View attachment 14821563
Sorry for randomly reviving this thread, I've been looking at getting one of these and just wanted to say thanks for asking this question! I'm glad I came across this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts