WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to draw your attention to e-bay seller classic-watch-center, also using the name Breitlingmuseum online. :rodekaart

Some of the claims the seller makes are clearly false, possibly fraudulent.
In one auction (ebay 290134265619 ) he claims that the 3 in the E 65362 model number (vs. the 65062 number) denotes an Aerospace exclusively manufactured for the Jordanian Royal Court. In that case, I too own two Aerospaces made for the Royal Jordanian Court. Would anyone care to make me an offer? :-d
As you may be aware, the 3 in the third position of the model number signifies a COSC certified model and nothing else.

In another auction (ebay 290134163739 ) the seller claims the watch was exclusively manufactured for the airline Emirates, when the logo clearly denotes a UAE military Air Defense unit. I should know, I have been flying for Emirates since its beginning in 1986 and just had the inscription on the logo translated for me.

If he really would have been authorized by Breitling to sell surplus models, as he claims, he would hardly make such outlandish claims. I find the claims so outrageous that I don't even intend to ask my Breitling Contact for confirmation.

So, please exercise caution - although with his equally outlandish suggested prices there will not be many takers.

Kurt

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Just want to draw your attention to e-bay seller classic-watch-center, also using the name Breitlingmuseum online. :rodekaart

In one auction (ebay 290134265619 ) he claims that the 3 in the E 65362 model number (vs. the 65062 number) denotes an Aerospace exclusively manufactured for the Jordanian Royal Court. In that case, I too own two Aerospaces made for the Royal Jordanian Court. Would anyone care to make me an offer? :-d
As you may be aware, the 3 in the third position of the model number signifies a COSC certified model and nothing else.

In another auction (ebay 290134163739 ) the seller claims the watch was exclusively manufactured for the airline Emirates, when the logo clearly denotes a UAE military Air Defense unit. I should know, I have been flying for Emirates since its beginning in 1986 and just had the inscription on the logo translated for me.

If he really would have been authorized by Breitling to sell surplus models, as he claims, he would hardly make such outlandish claims. I find the claims so outrageous that I don't even intend to ask my Breitling Contact for confirmation.

So, please exercise caution - although with his equally outlandish suggested prices there will not be many takers.

Kurt
sadly, many sellers on eBay make false claims. i got my only negative feedback against a seller that ripped me off with a falsely described aerospace.

if i recall correctly, this seller bought up a lot of customized breitlings and now cannot shift them. the prices are pretty rediculas too.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have given up with this seller and have stopped reporting him to Ebay.
Even had some lenghty discussions on his :
'100% genuine , authentic never touched' 806 Frankentimers but ive given up

Its still amazing to see though how he buys 600 euro watches and manages to resell them for 6000 euro!

Whats worse.. I believe (speculation from following this seller for a few months now) he builds his own limited editions , like the "The world is yours" limited edition (ebay # 290185280548 ) the real limited edition watches have a special "The world is yours" caseback and limited number. These look like normal chronomats with dial change. And he has more 'limited' editions

He has 2 or 3 interesting vintage pieces , but 99% of what he tries to sell is either 'not original' or 'frankenwatch'

just my 2 cnts
-Rene

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,833 Posts
Hi Kurt,

Thanks for your warning.

We took the measure of "the seller" a couple of months ago and discussed his activities and methods. Needless to say we were incredulous to a man at some of the descriptions and totally out of this world pricing. No one on this forum has been taken in as far as I can tell.

I guess mentioning the folly of this seller every few weeks can't hurt as new members are showing up almost daily.

Thanks again Kurt.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Some of this guys watches might be fake or frankenBreitlings, but damn he has some nice pieces too (which appear to be authentic and straight)!! I would kill for one of his solid gold B's, especially the Emergency, White Gold Chronomat, and of course let's not forget his solid gold Astromat 1461 QP and Navitimer QP's. Those watches are just SICK. Too bad there in this guys hands, wish they were in mine...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well I said I wouldn't, but I did anyway...

Kurt

This sort of thing just galls me. Greed and trying to take advatange of people who just don't know any better...

So I e-mailed my contact in Breitling anyway.

This is the reply:
Dear Kurt,

It has been a long time… Thank you for your most interesting e-mail.

I forwarded it to the person in charge of “chasing” such cases and am waiting for a feed-back.

You will hear from me as soon as I know more about it.

Kind regards

If they take only one of those fraudsters out of business, it would be good thing.
If they take one to court and set an example that would be even better.
Many fakes come from far away and there is little recourse a manufacturer has, but this is just next door to Switzerland and maybe things are different - or maybe I'm just hoping for too much.

I'll keep you posted.

Kurt

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Thanks Kurt !

If you hear anything from Breitling , whether or not they will do anything about this seller, will you let us know ?

Rgds and thanks for the effort
-Rene

1 - 10 of 10 Posts