WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK all you Rangeman owners...flip your watch over and check out the stamping and post here if you are earlier than:

202A213C

To see when they started manufacture of the released Rangeman.

If my math is correct, both my green and positive we're made on May 10. Edit: 213C =August 1, 2013

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm not mistaken the last four digits represents the date of manufacture so 2130 would mean day 213, ie Aug 1, 2013, assuming that the last zero represents the starting year (2013).

Day numbers 2013
I stand corrected! Thanks.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
I think the production date is relative, the number on the caseback is supposed to be the production date of the caseback only, there is no way we can be sure whether the module or the watch itself has been made on the same date because they are likely to be made in different locations.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the production date is relative, the number on the caseback is supposed to be the production date of the caseback only, there is no way we can be sure whether the module or the watch itself has been made on the same date because they are likely to be made in different locations.
Understood, but it's all we have to go on....fun to think they started production on August 1st.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
528 Posts
202A240C checing in (Aug 28th, 2013).
Would anyone know what factory 202A is other than being in Thailand? It would seem that all Rangeman's so far hail from there. Do you have many other G-Shocks with this birth place? In fact, is there any codebook available for CASIO factories? Official or otherwise?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts