WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have ordered 15 2234SU movements to pratice disassembly and reassembly. I think I could make a couple working movements out of them and I wish to assemble watches so what is the best way to get a case and dial for those movements ?
you can try some sellers on ebay, some of them sell only cases and dials, for example maksim8433 bei eBay sells cases, mostly 119s but others too, many sellers sell dials too... otherwise look for donors, like Odesa said

·
Registered
53 Posts
you can try some sellers on ebay, some of them sell only cases and dials, for example maksim8433 bei eBay sells cases, mostly 119s but others too, many sellers sell dials too... otherwise look for donors, like Odesa said
Thanks for the eBay seller name, I will have a look and will order some or donor watches if I got a few 2234 movement running great.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd like to ask everyone's opinion on whether this is legit. Of course the seconds hand is wrong, but has anyone seen a blue dial with black date wheel like this?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I'd like to ask everyone's opinion on whether this is legit. Of course the seconds hand is wrong, but has anyone seen a blue dial with black date wheel like this?
It's just a faded black dial, the paints used were very fickle and easily affected by time and UV exposure.

The date wheel should have red lettering, the movement should be a 2234 (or a hacking 2214).

Hard to tell if the hands are gold or nickel, but a chrome case should have nickel hands, and a gold case should have gold hands.

The crown looks a little small.

Overall I would regard this as a parts or donor watch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks!
With the strange color, I'd thought it might be something interesting...You would think the red star would be faded.
With the black date wheel, I would guess it's probably not the right movement either. (There are no pics with the back cover off).
Alas, another franken!

·
Registered
104 Posts

Does anyone know when the date indicator wheel went from this one shown (with some of the numerals extra wide) to the later, more regular font?

I think the date indicator wheel with this broad font was only used for early Komandirskies. All the civilian 2214s I've seen had normal font and with either red or black numerals.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Vostok is in question, so i can't swear on anything, but i think, if there was such a variant, it would be shown in the first pages of this thread. To my knowledge, the variant with sword hands should have triangle indices.
Usage of the adj. rare in a combination with a terrible lube job turns on my franken alarms.
Actually, there is a very very rare version of an early komandirskie, shown here: https://www.watchuseek.com/attachments/mroatman-5-jpg.11643818/.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I, for one, am willing to accept that this variant is indeed correct and original as shown in post #92

Due to the necktie hands, we could hypothesize that it was released concurrently with the black and white triangle dials, right at the launch of the Komandirskie brand in 1965.

Are there any other color variants of the bar dial besides black, gold, and white?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone help me identify if this watch is genuine because it looks in overly good shape?

·
Registered
104 Posts

Has anyone ever seen one of these before?
It's from an old meshok.net listing...
It looks like the hands are chrome, rather than gold plated.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts