WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
These, Amphibians and the Precision watches are the best products of the Vostok factory, easily. I wish they revived the 2234 movement assembly, but considering the fact that the company almost went out of business some years ago, it's still a blessing that they are still around and produce 24XX movements. I hope they will add hacking to these 24XX movements one day.
That's why I hoard the 2234s - I think I alone have bought half of ebay's 2234s (and one from Etsy).

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
These, Amphibians and the Precision watches are the best products of the Vostok factory, easily. I wish they revived the 2234 movement assembly, but considering the fact that the company almost went out of business some years ago, it's still a blessing that they are still around and produce 24XX movements. I hope they will add hacking to these 24XX movements one day.
they mostly do Amphibians with screw down crown. I would say adding stop second to the screw down crown watch is a bit... strange. And I would be surprised if they do it. They squeeze every $ out of the watch and add a complication is probably not something that will be done. Just my take.

·
Registered
132 Posts
they mostly do Amphibians with screw down crown. I would say adding stop second to the screw down crown watch is a bit... strange. And I would be surprised if they do it. They squeeze every $ out of the watch and add a complication is probably not something that will be done. Just my take.
It makes sense man. But it would've been nice if they created a hacking movement (or if they revived the 2234) for the 1965 Komandirskies, and they could've added 100 bucks to the price, I think nobody would be upset about it. Anyway, I'm only blabbering.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I see no reason that a screw-down crown couldn't hack. I've toyed with the idea of installing a 2234 into a 2209 Amphibia to get a hacking Amphibia.

The hacking function of the 2214 / 2234 Chistopol Komandirskies is one of the appealing points to me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This "double bars at 6" just came today. Everything about it is consistent with it being concurrent with the very earliest models: the early small arrow seconds hand, the wide font date indicator, the case back with no calibre, hacking 2214 with screwed balance, etc.
The big mystery is the early style sword hands. This dial usually comes with the standard Komandirskie candlestick hands.
But the remaining lume on these sword hands is a perfect match for the color and ageing of the lume on the dial numerals and indices. Could it be that this watch is original like this?

·
Registered
591 Posts
With Vostok anything is possible.
However; my 2 cents in this type of dilemmas;
  • follow the catalogue description
  • if the version in question is not present in the catalogue, find enough other examples like it to make it plausible (one swallow doesn't make a summer)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks, that's generally good advice. That's one of the special challenges with these early Komandirskies, is that there is very little catalogue documentation for them. The very earliest series may have been exclusively featured in a separate Voentorg catalogue, which has been lost to time...?
Maybe someday we'll get lucky and someone will share such a catalogue with us.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts