WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... here my recently purchased early okean.
I need your opinion about the parts that probably had been replaced over the years so i can try to bring it back to its originality

In my opinion
  • rotating bezel. I think it should be the one whit mauve coloured numbers.
  • chrono hands should be orange. Ok i can paint them

A big question mark about the movement... it seems to be a 80/81 movement.
Is it consistent with that dial? Actually with that movement i would expect the second type of dial with bigger inscription OKEAH

Let me know what you think...
Thanks to everyone will help me

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hi, I would agree with your observations, its likely that the movement is from a later watch, the dial would have probably had white lume work also the hour and minute hands. It looks like these have been replaced. Sweep and minute counting hands (red ones) are of course later but these did get replaced during routine servicing.

Looks like the date Indicator could do with looking at?

Its seen some action but still a very nice example. I have a correct chapter ring in mouve and a carrot orange sweep hand if required. Pop me a PM.

Cheers...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I would agree with your observations, its likely that the movement is from a later watch, the dial would have probably had white lume work also the hour and minute hands. It looks like these have been replaced. Sweep and minute counting hands (red ones) are of course later but these did get replaced during routine servicing.

Looks like the date Indicator could do with looking at?

Its seen some action but still a very nice example. I have a correct chapter ring in mouve and a carrot orange sweep hand if required. Pop me a PM.

Cheers...
You have a pm

One index still have the lumen...actually i cannot say if it's the original one... here the photo

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts