WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas came early to me this year. I had a chance to pick up this beauty for a very reasonable price. It's a Baume & Mercier chronograph (Valjoux 72C), all 18k rose gold! It keeps time but the movement still needs to be overhauled, as the chrono functions are sluggish in returning, and the month is stuck. The reference number on the back of the watch is 3902. I did a search and found a watch claiming to be from 1961, but I think this may be older. Any info would be appreciated! :)

BM1.jpg

Here is a pic without the band (I replaced the beat up band with the one above):
BM2.jpg

It really is a beauty, and I love the size.. around 36mm without the crown. I was looking to get something different for myself as a X-mas present, and this one just fell into my lap at the right time!

Anyone else have an early X-mas present to showcase?

Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Congrats on a stunning piece, really like these old chronographs like these and I bet it looks even better in person. Sorry I cant give you any info

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
That is really nice. Congratulations on your early present.:-!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am going to leave servicing it to a friend of mine. The price was reasonable enough that I don't mind paying him to service it. I did some minor service on it.. cleaned and oiled the balance, escape wheel and pallets, and also put some oil on the registers (which are now functioning properly, snapping back to return), but that is all I will try. :)

The more research I do on this I think it is from the late 1950s.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice watch, and a good start on learning french ;)

I'm keeping an eye out myself for a nice classic chronograph. Most modern ones are too big for my tastes anyway. I would have loved to have this one...

Sent through Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
congrats on a classic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts