WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation for a g-shock for people with thick fingers? I placed an order on line for the old dw90521v...how about that one? I have trouble pushing the buttons because of my big fingers and it looks from the pictures that it has larger buttons.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I placed an order on line for the old dw90521v...how about that one? I have trouble pushing the buttons because of my big fingers and it looks from the pictures that it has larger buttons.
A good choice, given your criterion. |>

·
Registered
505 Posts
Does anyone have a recommendation for a g-shock for people with thick fingers? I placed an order on line for the old dw90521v...how about that one? I have trouble pushing the buttons because of my big fingers and it looks from the pictures that it has larger buttons.
Thats probably a good choice to be honest. Although I second the Frogman recommendation.

The Gulfman is also a good shout - nice big buttons.

You should probably avoid a Mudman unless you have superman's strength but little girl's fingers :-!
They are very stiff unless you boil the bezel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. JokerNJ- You are right about the mudman. I had one. I love the look of the watch and the specifications, but I did have a hell of a time with the buttons. I have strong hands and fingers but the tips of my fingers were sore after trying the watch. I unfortunately had to return it because it just did not work for me. I loved that watch except for the buttons.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i think the dw-6900 or dw-6600 series is easiest to press buttons, but still you will never press them by accidant, perfect :-!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
This one (MTG-1000G) is hard to beat. Big buttons.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Thanks all. JokerNJ- You are right about the mudman. I had one. I love the look of the watch and the specifications, but I did have a hell of a time with the buttons. I have strong hands and fingers but the tips of my fingers were sore after trying the watch. I unfortunately had to return it because it just did not work for me. I loved that watch except for the buttons.

The Mudman's buttons will be easier to press with time. My 9000MC was hard to press initially, however, the buttons softened after some time, now I don't have any problems with it at all. :-!

Gs with easy to press buttons? I would say those that comes with metal buttons instead of plastic. Examples, 6900, 5600, Frogman, Cockpit series (521BD, etc).;-)

G with plastic buttons that are to press are Gulfman (G-9100), G-7700 (the buttons are quite large), and perhaps a G-7510.

Cheers,
MountainMike

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I like the Dw-6900 but dont consider it to have easy to push buttons. I think that teh adjust button is very hard to push especially with short nails. Also I sometimes find it hard to stop the stopwatch in time due to the small buttons.

If big and easy buttons is your major concern then the old DW-9100 Riseman is hard to beat. Very big and easy buttons on that one.

·
Banned
1,361 Posts
I agree with mountainMike. My mudman's buttons were stiff as hell to press at first BUT softened very quickly after using it a couple of times. One of my faves. The 7500 is another great watch. I would give the 6900 1st place when it comes to easy to press buttons! At least in my small collection , its the easiest.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
i agree with mountainmike. My mudman's buttons were stiff as hell to press at first but softened very quickly after using it a couple of times. One of my faves. The 7500 is another great watch. I would give the 6900 1st place when it comes to easy to press buttons! At least in my small collection , its the easiest.
Thanks 316l and everybody who is responding. My mudman's buttons did not soften up even after an hour of experimenting with different modes and learning how it worked. My finger tips sure did soften up though. To bad- great watch. Also you can not view the current time simultaneously with the stop watch- a must for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the suggestion but I do not like having features on a watch that I will never use (altimeter, barometer, thermometer.) I have this thing about wanting totally practical devices. It looks to be a great watch though. Enjoy yours if you have one.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I agree with Ecalzo...

...my G9100 has the largest and esiest buttons to press of any G I have tried on.

count me in on the gulman wagon ? boat ? wrist ? list :-d :-d :-d

1 - 20 of 22 Posts