WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever bought from pokeymonu on ebay? He seems to have lots of good reviews, but there are alot of old threads that indicate he was removed from ebay before. I am looking to buy an atlas (skz231) and three of the most recent sales sold for the same price (exactly) to the same bidder - who has no feedback. This could be market price i suppose, but it seems fishy. The prices are not outrageous (177.50 usd), but all the same I want an honest deal even if it is grey market.

Anyways just wondering if anyone has any insight

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I've never dealt with them but from what you describe it sounds a little fishy. I'm seeing prices around the $240 to $275 from stores like Amazon and New Egg, if it was me I'd pay the extra for the better piece of mined.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
It can happen, but only ebay can prove it or do anything about it

My suggestion: don't get caught up in the bidding - set your price and stick to it (maybe a bid sniper would help you)

pokeymonu sells everything in mass quanities - he'll have lots of the model you want

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have deal with pokemonyu (not pokeymonu) before. he was recommended seller, my only complain is the watch comes with no box.

·
Registered
311 Posts
And I have deal with Primierworld (aka: pokeymonu) before. he is recommended seller, my only complain is the shipping cost rather high.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I bought a Seiko BFK from him a couple of month ago. The price was reasonable but to tell the truth I wasnt watching the bidding close enough to notice shill bidding or anything like that. On the plus side there was no worries about the quality of the watch and the shipping was super fast. My advice would be to bid the maximum you want to pay for the watch and see what happens.

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
I have not dealt with that seller, however I lost two bids very recently with two different sellers.

I offered my bids, and waited . . . When I got notice of being outbid, I didn't even check what the current asking price was. I very rarely increase my bids, unless the item I am looking for is very rare and in very good condition.

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
516 Posts
Bought several watches from Pokemonyu,no problems with any deal.
Oldest watch I have from him is probably 2 yrs old runs like new.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i bought my dad's watch (a cheap seiko 5) off ebay from them and the item arrived no problems. everything was quick and price was right. shipping was expensive for how much the item cost, but it was still cheap nonetheless. i would buy from them again. i can't remember if it came with or without a box.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am waiting for my order from this seller. Bought a skx007 last week. Hope it comes this week. My advice is same as above, set a price you wanna pay since he will have another bid of the same model anyways. That's what I did. Lost a couple of bids, until I finally won with my set price.

Downside though there is no box/manual as what it says on the description.

·
Registered
15,216 Posts
There is certainly room to warrant the shill bidding hypothesis.
The fact that many of these sellers keep the bidders' identity hidden is another thing that feeds this speculation.

On the other hand...
It is not entirely reasonable to think that if justice ruled the world, you have a good shot at getting miraculous lucky and walking away for $50 a nice Seiko SKZ model that normally goes for $210 - 250.

The way I see it, if you feel you paid a "reasonably good" price (say, 10- 25% less than most retail), and that way, the seller can make a living doing what he does, then all IS well with the world.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the input - Sounds like he is well regarded and You are right, the prices are still below the average on ebay for this watch.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought my SKX007 from Pokemonyu - the price was very fair (~$145 for a watch with stock rubber strap, including overseas shipping) and the watch arrived very fast. No box - but this was mentioned in the auction listing, so no problem here.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I bought my SKX007 from Pokemonyu - the price was very fair (~$145 for a watch with stock rubber strap, including overseas shipping) and the watch arrived very fast. No box - but this was mentioned in the auction listing, so no problem here.
I got mine today from the same seller. Ordered last week. I'm jealous you got it cheaper than me. I got it for $152 shipped. Same, no box as said on the description. Watch came in a small box filled with packaging peanut, bubble wrap with tag.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This seller along with many others sell auction style but shill bid their own items. For obvious reasons, they don't want the watch to sell too cheap.

If you look at the bidders and see (as an example) a bidder with little feedback, but a 30, 40, 50 bidding percentage with the seller, you are seeing a shill bid.

It's garbage - they should just set a price because it's not a real auction. Look for the watch on Amazon and try to buy from them. If you have a problem, they take it back. Plus there is no having to return something overseas.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am looking to buy an atlas (skz231) and three of the most recent sales sold for the same price (exactly) to the same bidder - who has no feedback. This could be market price i suppose, but it seems fishy.
The purpose of shill bidding is to raise the purchase price, not for the shill to win the auction. Having the shill win is like selling to yourself and would serve no purpose.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts