WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clearly a modified -1A but listed as camo version DC-1A5 and priced as such.

Item Number is: 283396103379

I reported it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm surprised by the lack of responses or interest, after all this is about preventing a fraud that is in the neighborhood of $1000.

In any event after reporting the item to eBay via the online function, I went ahead and contacted eBay over the phone as well.

My first surprise was that I got through and got to talk to a live person just within minutes. My next surprise was that the rep actually seemed to be very interested to take upon the case. I explained all details, got put on hold a few times but in the end the rep said that my report was filed and that eBay would take action within 24-48 hours.

The rep also told me that this seller already had 3x fraudulent reports, which was another surprise as the seller's profile shows no seller seller's feedback at all. I was told it take 5x fraudulent reports to have an account suspended, at least this is what I understood.

Let's hope that this scammer will not prevail.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Yea found it strange how those are listed like they're original..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Now appears to have gone...

now gone.jpg

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It still shows up for me. It shows that it ships to US, so it might not show up outside the US. Also yes, it appears that the pictures now have been changed.

Now the first picture that shows the face of the watch shows a real camo version. The last two pictures are unchanged and some others are deleted.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked again with eBay and he is now apparently claiming that initially he only used stock photos and that he used the 'wrong' stock photos of the watch, which he claims to have corrected with a 'good' stock photo.

Still suspicious, because if he has a legit watch, then how come he does he not use a real picture of the actual watch for sale.

I also wonder if the other 2x images are his images of the actual watch or borrowed too (can be located with image search). Because if the 2x other images are part of a picture series of his actual watch, with the original 1st picture being updated with a picture that shows a correct stock photo, then that would only add to the fraud.

By changing the first picture to a correct stock photo, he may effectively prevent any possible new reporting, because let's face it, what can anyone report now? - I checked eBay's policy and if you sell a brand new item, you apparently can use stock photos of the item.

In any event, eBay may have now enough logged information, in case any buyer will complain. I just hope a buyer will notice the fraud quickly enough to be able to file a successful claim.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Moment of GOTCHA - it appeared to be a fraud attempt after all!

Seller now has apparently backed down from it original cheating-lying claims and listed the watch a Mudmaster in Camouflage.

Still getting it wrong with listing it as a limited -1A3 in camo (for a crazy price that he will never get), but at least no longer attempting a major fraud.

Mysteriously a black -1A band also appeared among his items for sale. Just as mysteriously, his apparently original picture series of the actual modified watch are listed again as well.

Let's see how this goes...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Listing is still up, however what caught my attention, he is selling 3x -1A bands. So I checked his seller feedback again (empty), but under feedback left for others you can find 2x of his feedback the he has recently left for two buyers of 2x of his fraud watches!

So this guy indeed did this scam already at least 2x.

Question is what can be done now?

The buyers did not leave a feedback for him. Can this be indication that he has settled for mutual feedback removal, refunded the money, took the items back?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ebay should ban the guy, sellers like that hurt ebay reputation. I've been zappe d with a bad seller, got refund after paypal stepped in

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I sent the eBay seller a message on 3/8/19 thru the eBay message portal. First message is me to him and the second message is the eBay seller responding to me being smug.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...Still getting it wrong with listing it as a limited -1A3 in camo (for a crazy price that he will never get), but at least no longer attempting a major fraud.
I think seller may have found this thread and reading?

He has now corrected the listing to ...-1A DR of his tin canned watch. Before this the ad said ...-1A3 JF. So he seems to know exactly the what he is doing and knows the difference between -JF and -DR.

Which of course won't change the fact that he already committed fraud at least twice, which can be clearly seen from the feedback that he has left for his two other buyers of his scam watches (with the feedback linking to those listings).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts