WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IMG_3697.JPG Just arrived a IMG_3696.JPG marathon tsar from texas usa to durham in the uk
discribed on ebay as nearly new hardly worn perfect condition with pics of a nice clean watch look what came
it is not working the face is twisted bezel is ruined. Hands wont advance past 11 o clock
opened the case to find parts missing
sellers reply to my email was it was fine when sent
got a marathon csar from usa via wus that was better than discribed CAVEAT EMPTOR ,,,'

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Report it to eBay, PayPal, go through their process, that's what it's there for.

Don't send the watch back until eBay says so. Otherwise you may be out of the watch and the money.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Had good feedback over 100 paypal have recovered my money told me to return the watch with tracking no then they will refund me
Honestly, excellent feedback doesn't mean a damn thing. Search through WUS, and you will find numerous examples of members being cheated by eBay sellers with 98% positive feedback ratings. Sometimes even 100%.

Your experience is an example of why a significant percentage of members refuse to buy any watches off of the Bay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is a hideous mess... I always ask for the money up front for return costs, or just don't bother.

They owe you the full refund as they didn't list it honestly, although what they'd want it back for I don't know!

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Disgraceful. I do not know how some people look at themselves in the mirror everyday.
It's genuinely amazing the sort of things some folks can rationalize away in their heads. (Amazing and disgusting.)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Just arrived a marathon tsar from texas usa to durham in the uk
discribed on ebay as nearly new hardly worn perfect condition with pics of a nice clean watch look what came
it is not working the face is twisted bezel is ruined. Hands wont advance past 11 o clock
opened the case to find parts missing
sellers reply to my email was it was fine when sent
got a marathon csar from usa via wus that was better than discribed CAVEAT EMPTOR ,,,'
That is utterly disgraceful!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wow, 100% feedback and seems to have a decent record selling watches - at least Paypal/Ebay actually worked here.

Why didn't you leave negative feedback to warn others?

ebay seller id is kita3kita

she has since said she had 2 watches and she had no problems with the other one ? how this helps i dont know

as for how you get a watch in this condition is beyond me:-x

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Huh, looks TZ 95% to me...

Seriously though, that stinks. The lengths that some people will go to, just to scam a buck, is truly astounding. Thievery is one of the things I most despise. Thankfully is sounds like you got your money back with few issues. I have generally only had luck on eBay, but I suppose given enough transactions, one is certain to have a bad encounter from time to time. On that note, and as an aside, if I thought of the percentage of positive transactions I've had in the "real" world and brick and mortar stores, I'm guessing that the percent is no better than that of my total experiences online.

Dan

·
Registered
177 Posts
Honestly, excellent feedback doesn't mean a damn thing. Search through WUS, and you will find numerous examples of members being cheated by eBay sellers with 98% positive feedback ratings. Sometimes even 100%.
I agree with this, eBay feedback means nothing but WIS feedback means A LOT.

I remember someone on this forum saying 'buy the seller, not the watch'. I've been close to buying several watches but couldn't find WUS, TZ, etc. feedback so decided against it. I have no problem buying watches on eBay so long as I can find threads on watchforums from watch people vouching for authenticity, reputation and service.

·
Registered
776 Posts
What I find incredibly annoying on your behalf (yep...got your back here) is that the seller continued to deny that they had sent you a turd! I mean talk about insulting you. They actually gave you the whole "well ones interpretation of condition is subjective of course" rather than just admitting they had sent you a great big, steaming pile of excrement.

Sellers feedback rating has dropped to 94.1% which is seen as extremely poor.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
What a piece of garbage! Why would they think they could sell this as anything close to decent condition and get away with it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts