WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is in regards to sold/completed items when performing a search within eBay.

I recently made a purchase of a collectible piece for a decent amount of money and later went back to eBay to perform a search of the item and noticed the listing showed the sellers original asking price being paid. In the past when I have made a “Make Offer” purchase the search history for sold/completed items will cross out the original price and says best offer accepted. In this case that is not what happened.
Is this because the seller made me an offer? On top of that, the seller made me an offer at a significantly reduced price which I counter offered even further.

The only reason I care is because I don’t want sellers thinking they can get insane amounts for these pieces that make it hard for collectors, new and old, to enjoy collecting Soviet/Russian watches. They will be less likely to negotiate believing there are buyers paying these higher prices.

Curious of others thoughts on this subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Advertising higher prices benefits ebay: people see what was paid before and adjust their expectations.
I certainly agree with this assessment. My issue is that eBay shows when a buyer’s offer was accepted but isn’t showing when the sellers offer or the buyer’s counter offer was accepted.

·
Registered
446 Posts
See original listing>right click>view page source>search for taxexclusiveprice. That's the right one.
The usual Ebay's profit maximizing BS.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll have to try that next time at a desktop, as I won’t access the internet through work especially how protected my facility is. All of my internet browsing/buying is done through my phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts