WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at a Tissot PRS200 on ebay from a certain seller. The seller claims the watch is new, with tags, "warranty" and box. He admits to being a third party seller.

Now, when he says with "warranty" upon asking him a few times, he admitted that the watch had a warranty card but that it was not signed or stamped.

I find this a little dishonest and possibly cause to report the seller. What do you think? The warranty is not even valid. Why would he indicate "warranty"?

Would you report him?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I wouldn't report him...just my 2 cents. Certainly very slippery/misleading language. Seller should simply say with unstamped warranty card. I would hope sellers would be forthright in saying whether a warranty was valid, or transferable, I would also put a great deal of responsibility on the buyer. You did a good job asking the right questions.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Ebay are quite strict on users trying to sell blank warranty cards, as it against their selling poilcy.

I've always been pretty quick to report anything I find dodgy on the bay. All it does is bring the auction to the attention of moderators, who then make a decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to report him. It appears as though ebay may have been in touch with our seller friend g-tabet.

He has removed the mention of the warranty from his other Tissot items for sale. His Burberry watches still show "international warranty" but not the Tissot.

At least it affected some change. He sold two PRS200s based on the warranty statements since my original posting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts