WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this irritate others as much as it does me?:-|

I can't believe how many sellers put 'chronograph" in their descriptions for multi-dial calendar watches. I'm starting to think the fastest way to eliminate these frauds is not to look at anything under $300. :-d

What a PITA!

·
5,111 Posts
It ain't just eBay. I've seen the same thing at SNBC and other online sales sites.o|

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I think alot of that is ppl. just not even knowing what they're selling, which is just as aggravating.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
"Look at all the pretty dials an' buttons and stuff, oooooh..."

I know what you mean, it drives me nuts too, especially since all the pushers do is move the day/date/month subdials around o|

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't bother me, since I already know what I am looking for before I search for it.
My problem is I tend to use eBay to see what's new that might be worth looking at more closely. This mislabeling makes me think there must be a better way.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've found some good deals because people don't put up the right description or have bad photographic skills.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I see this all the time on eBay too, but it doesn't usually bother me b/c many of them say "chronograph-style", which is a big tip-off that it's just the day/date stuff. Even so, there are some nice ones out there with the day/date subdials that are worth looking at if ur short on cash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts