WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARNING...Guys selling on Ebay, look out and block Ebay Member psy585 AKA JEFF FRY, he is the worst of the worst type of Ebayer. He buys at your asking price, then tries to claim something is wrong with the watch to attempt to extort money out of you with threats of negative feedback. I offered him a full refund immediately, and even sent him a message back a couple weeks later after not hearing back from him offering him a refund yet again, and no response. He then came back to me asking to buy something else at half the price or he would leave negative feedback. When I refused a half price watch MONTHS LATER, he advised that I had messed with the wrong person, and left me negative feedback and commented that I sell broken watches. This obviously for anyone who has ever dealt with me could tell you, is the farthest thing from the truth. Block him on your Ebay list and stay away from this buyer. Just a friendly warning.

·
Registered
368 Posts
For persons like that, report them to ebay and send them the emails. They have been good with my claims of persons making false accusations.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I only converse with buyers/sellers through the ebay messaging system, that way ebay has the history right in front of them if someone goes sideways. As far as your scammers feedback, report it to ebay, if this guy has a history they should rule in your favor.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys....I did only converse through Ebay, but I have run into issues like this in the past and Ebay didn't do a damn thing to help me. Their response was, we don't get involved in Feedback.

One time I had some guy trying to extort money out of me. When he got the watch, he shot me a message all bent out of shape because it didn't come in the black Invicta box, but the yellow one instead. he said he wanted $50 back to make up for him not getting a black Invicta box. I advised that the specific watch he purchased from me didn't come in a black Invicta box and even at that, a clam shell box from Invicta is hardly worth $50. I advised that Invicta was also sending out boxes of all colors at the time as it seemed they were trying to get rid of some of the stock they had to make way for the new plastic dive cases. I even went the extra mile and told him....I have an entire closet full of Invicta boxes, and would be happy to send him a black one if that makes him feel better. He said no, he just wanted $50 and it would be in my best interest if I didn't want negative feedback. I politely invited him to go have sex with himself for trying to extort money out of me, then he left negative feedback that the watch fell apart upon arrival. It was an Invicta Excursion Touring Edition.....not sure if you know this watch, but you can throw one through a brick wall, then have it fall on a land mine, and would still be unscathed. The watch is built like a tank!! All communication through Ebay, got a hold of them, they advised we do not get into issues involving feedback.

The third issue I ran up against was I sent out a box of records to a woman, and almost 6 months later, she left negative feedback saying she never received the package. I never received a single message from her stating this, just negative feedback. I don't know if she mixed me up with another seller she purchased from by accident. I contacted her about it, and she flew off the handle on me stating she got in touch with me multiple times and she never received the records. I always keep a detailed list of tracking numbers and what not of anything I buy and sell, so I got in touch with Ebay and provided them with the tracking number that showed she not only received the records, but also signed for them. Once again, they told me they do not get involved with feedback.

SERIOUSLY? Though I do not know if they have changed their policy since my past situations happened, but from the sounds of it and wha you guys are saying, maybe they have. I will give it another try, thanks guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
eBay has a deal for this now. It's called feedback extortion. Had a guy do it to me a while back. He told me the product that I sent him was damaged in shipping, tried to get some things for a major, major discount. I asked him to send me pics of the damaged goods. He refused, told me if I didn't give him a discount, that he'd leave me a negative. I rejected his offer, he left me a negative. Went to eBay with it, they removed the feedback, said he had tried this with a couple other members, they kicked him off of eBay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts