WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a minor heads up for anyone that may do a search for this eBay seller in the future ...

Seller: dfj-store
Item: DW-5600-1JF

QUESTION to dfj-store:
"I understand this is a G-Shock from Japan, but is it MADE IN JAPAN? Thank you."

ANSWER from dfj-store: "
hello. Yes it is."

The watch turned up and it was 'Made in Thailand' stamped on the back. No major problems but his answer to my direct question was a lie.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
That's a bit disappointing. :rodekaart

Not sure if it is any consolation, but to the best of my limited experience, I have found that 99.9% of all Casio G-Shocks are of the highest quality regardless of where they are manufactured or assembled. |>

·
Registered
14 Posts
WARNING... avoid 'dfj.store' (Direct from Japan). <|

Beware of 'dfj.store.com', known as 'Direct from Japan', and also known as 'dfj-store' in Ebay.
-----------------------------
I brought two Sony Walkman NW-S706F - violet and pink from them.

On their website the products stated "brand new", which is far from the truth.

Got the MP3 players and both boxed MP3 players is not sealed and opened, looked like second hand boxed. Secondly and most utterly shocking is to find the players been used, it even had earwax, yes...earwax all over the earphone buds, it took me a while to wipe the earwax smear off it! And not to mention one of the earbuds plastic been ripped slightly.

The most annoying thing is, the 'missing Noise Cancellation extension cable', specially made for the Noise Cancellation earphones. Yes... it's MISSING!! And not to mention the dropped dented scratch on the back. It's small but still extremely annoyed for me to trust this company, paid full priced, but only to find I'm getting used machines.

Plus, no receipt, and no proof of my 3 years extended warranty purchase, and of course the shocking state of my MP3 players was in, it's unimaginable to say the least.

And to top it off I asked 'dfj.store' nicely to send as Gift. Whoever sent the parcel didn't tick or indicate it's a Gift. And of course the likeihood of customs charging is high, and yes... I had to pay out a large sum for HM customs. I can't really blame them on customs, but this could of been avoided.

They conned me over:

Paid for 'brand new' items and got 'used items'. Earwax earphones, small dent on player, and slight rip earbuds.

Missing part. Extension cable which can't be brought in UK, since it's specially made for those Noise Cancellation earphones.

No warranty extended purchase, asked for refund, they agreed but never paid me back.

Ignored most of my emails, extremely rude customer service, and even block me from visiting their website to avoid me using their webchat. I never got any compensation, nor apology. AVOID!! o|
WARNING... avoid dfj.store (Direct from Japan)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I believe I purchased a watch from them (will have to check later) and had no trouble.

I would contact them, and see what their response is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You should first talk to them again and if they do not pay you back then start a PayPal chargeback procedure....

I wrote to them many times, got a few responses at the start, then no reply after I ask for a refund on extended warranty (which they did agreed originally), and also asking to send the extended cable.

I tried the Paypal Dispute. As follow:
----------------
From PayPal: PayPal on 05/06/2008 16:12 PDT
Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

From Seller: Direct from japan on 05/06/2008 16:12 PDT
We have provided The correct product. This customer have t pay tax in country and request than WE pay for him. we are not able to accept.
----------------

The dispute was closed by seller quickly and PayPal investigated the case and decide the outcome to favour the seller.

Paypal:
" Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in
our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of
goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of
goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or
issue a refund."
----------------

Which is ridiculous in my opinion. The missing cable part is £15 ish, no warranty was issued which cost me £35, and used products which suppose to be brand new. For me, as a buyer, I consider this to be a con. And their dispute excuse about tax is laughable, why didn't they response to my actual claims?

I already wrote to Paypal about this judgment and will phone them up if I have to. Maybe Paypal is protecting sellers more than buyers?

I will do everything I could to get my money back, I'll be in Japan soon. Maybe face to face will put some pressure in their own turf. o|

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Shame on eBay, really. :-(

But just to be fair, could you copy and paste your actual claims?

yes, a copy of the actual claims is very helpful. but im with Vintage on this one. shame on ebay and paypal. we should have some higher level of consumer protection.

sorry to hear bout your purchase.

·
Registered
14 Posts

The first description about my problems is pretty much what I posted in Paypal.

We have provided The correct product. This customer have t pay tax in country and request than WE pay for him. we are not able to accept.

From Buyer: tony man on 05/06/2008 14:36 PDT
Hello Direct From Japan,

I received the two Sony Walkman NW-S706F - violet and pink, during the weekend.

I have a few questions about the items I had received. First of all, are your products actually "brand new" which you stated on your site (dfj.store.com).

Now why did I ask this question? Well, of course both boxed MP3 players is not sealed, looked like second hand boxed. BUT secondly and most utterly shocking is to find the players been used, it even had earwax, yes...earwax all over both earphones on the MP3 players, it took me a while to wipe the smeared earwax off. And not to mention the earbuds plastic been ripped slightly.

And the most annoying thing of all is one of the players is 'missing Noise Cancellation extension cable', specially made for the Noise Cancellation earphones. Yes... it's MISSING!! And not to mention the dropped dented scratch on the back. It's small but still extremely annoyed for me to trust your company, paid full priced items, but only to find out I'm getting a used machines.

It's a good job the other pink MP3 player seems to be in "mint" look state. But seriously, it's unacceptable!

Plus, no receipt, and no proof of my 3 years extended warranty purchase, and of course the shocking state my MP3 players was in, it's unimaginable to say the least.

And I like to point out, I asked you guys nicely to send as Gift. Whoever sent the parcel didn't tick or indicate it's a Gift. And of course the likeihood of customs charging is high, and yes... I had to pay out £65 for HM customs. Thank you very much indeed!!

I am extremely angry and I like to have answers why this had happened. Yes, the used items, earwax earphones, dented player, missing extension cable, etc. Why? I will pursue this if I don't get a satisfy answer.

Please respond ASAP.

Yours, .tony

·
Registered
14 Posts

I brought the items on their actual website, saw them on ebay, but dfj.store said it's cheaper to buy from their website than using ebay.

i did check online before purchasing, but didn't find any thing suspicious at the time. now i slowly seeing other people complaining too in ebay forums.

apparently they're based in Tokyo and France. I'm visiting Japan early next year. I will put them on the spot with printed emails of dispute, and confirmation of purchase.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm visiting Japan early next year. I will put them on the spot with printed emails of dispute, and confirmation of purchase.
Do you mean that you are going to physically turn up to discuss with them? Do you have their address?
That will be interesting & exciting! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dude....I'm still trying to get over the whole ear-wax comment. That is downright NASTY!!

Same here, I never use those earbuds, I swapped them with my own earpieces. The earwax freaked me out alot, it wasen't just a small smear, it's in bits of chunkiness, like someone didn't wash and wipe their earhole for weeks. And I'm not joking or exaggerating it. I'm still shocked about it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you mean that you are going to physically turn up to discuss with them? Do you have their address?
That will be interesting & exciting! :)
Yes, I took their website store address down. Definitely going over to Japan for a month, although tokyo was off my list since I've been there before, but I'm gonna make a special one day trip just for them.

To be honest I'm more angry the fact they're rude, not admitting their wrong doing, and ignoring this issue. It's the principle of how they deal with this type of problem, could of been sorted out in a professional manner, why do these scammy companies be such a pain.

hmm... just check their full address on the parcel box, different address but still in tokyo. most probably their real location. They address on their website doesn't provide the full postal code. Although i have to be careful, the owner is from France and I have a feeling he has connections in Japan and New York for suppling goods.

·
Registered
471 Posts
tony, i feel bad for u... seem like somebody exported earwax too nowadays...that's nasty...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wrote to them many times, got a few responses at the start, then no reply after I ask for a refund on extended warranty (which they did agreed originally), and also asking to send the extended cable.

I tried the Paypal Dispute. As follow:
----------------

----------------

The dispute was closed by seller quickly and PayPal investigated the case and decide the outcome to favour the seller.

Paypal:
" Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in
our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of
goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of
goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or
issue a refund."
----------------

Which is ridiculous in my opinion. The missing cable part is £15 ish, no warranty was issued which cost me £35, and used products which suppose to be brand new. For me, as a buyer, I consider this to be a con. And their dispute excuse about tax is laughable, why didn't they response to my actual claims?

I already wrote to Paypal about this judgment and will phone them up if I have to. Maybe Paypal is protecting sellers more than buyers?

I will do everything I could to get my money back, I'll be in Japan soon. Maybe face to face will put some pressure in their own turf. o|

So this means we have no protection in ebay, if the seller sends us Wii without Nunchuk or Laptop without DVDRW or even a guitar without strings??

:-:)roll:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I brought the items on their actual website, saw them on ebay, but dfj.store said it's cheaper to buy from their website than using ebay.

i did check online before purchasing, but didn't find any thing suspicious at the time. now i slowly seeing other people complaining too in ebay forums.

apparently they're based in Tokyo and France. I'm visiting Japan early next year. I will put them on the spot with printed emails of dispute, and confirmation of purchase.
It appears that you did not purchase through Ebay. You saw them there, but did not purchase from there? Does djf have a non ebay website? If that is correct, why did you think Ebay would do anything about it? One of us is confused :think:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well I'm afraid that when dealing with Ebay or Paypal ( Same company as we know) you have to realise that they make their money as a result of their Sellers and are therefore always going to lean their way when it comes to disputes, they are the ones making them wealthy.

Ebay is risky, very risky and at times we all get stuffed. The main thing is that we, as a community tell each other about the bad guys and the good guys, that way at least we stand a chance. :-!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I'm afraid that when dealing with Ebay or Paypal ( Same company as we know) you have to realise that they make their money as a result of their Sellers and are therefore always going to lean their way when it comes to disputes, they are the ones making them wealthy.

Ebay is risky, very risky and at times we all get stuffed. The main thing is that we, as a community tell each other about the bad guys and the good guys, that way at least we stand a chance. :-!
bingo!!! why do Ebay or Paypal care for one off buyers when they can live off the income from sellers in a long term.

golden rule is always use your credit card for imports, anything goes wrong can claim charge back from banks.

i agreed it's a good thing with forums to tell each other, although people don't generally search until they have a problem. for me it's a lesson well learnt not to trust these small companies with cheap offers. it's a sad fact we, as a buyer have to risk our money. to be fair, these companies can satisfy alot of buyers, but every so often they can scam a few buyers but still survive in a long run. sad...very sad indeed. :-(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts