WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pull the trigger on my first truly vintage watch below - any thoughts or observations would be greatly appreciated.

My only concern at the moment is the sub-seconds dial. I've requested for better pictures but this is the best I got. No description of the movement provided but will rely on Eberhard's extract of the archive after purchasing the watch.

18870679_240208749796393_2019492524_n.jpg 18834570_240208756463059_369638140_n.jpg Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 7.03.57 PM.png

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
I don't know if the dial has been refinished, can't say about the movement because I am not knowledgeable about Eberhard.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
SDAsurrey, where are you? He's the resident Eberhard expert around here, he's likely to be able to tell you more

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

Reactions: Sdasurrey and ekel

·
Premium Member
7,496 Posts
I'm very suspicious of the dial. Look closely at the logo, particularly the size of the B in comparison with the position of the middle horizontal line of the E. Usually they are aligned, but here the B ends well below the horizontal line.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
SDAsurrey, where are you? He's the resident Eberhard expert around here, he's likely to be able to tell you more

Matt

Matt - yes I heard you yelling my name from the midlands all the way here in Surrey ! Hope you're well !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Matt - yes I heard you yelling my name from the midlands all the way here in Surrey ! Hope you're well !

Midlands? I'm in East Anglia old bean

Matt

Reactions: Sdasurrey

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Reactions: busmatt

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I'm looking to pull the trigger on my first truly vintage watch below - any thoughts or observations would be greatly appreciated.

My only concern at the moment is the sub-seconds dial. I've requested for better pictures but this is the best I got. No description of the movement provided but will rely on Eberhard's extract of the archive after purchasing the watch.

View attachment 12000114 View attachment 12000122 View attachment 12000130
Ekel - thanks for the PM and your Eberhard question - yes, my 'vintage brothers' usually send Eberhard questions in my direction.

I lean toward agreeing with others that this is a de-Dial and I would personally suggest you NOT lose your 'vintage virginity' on a de-Dial.' I think the Dial looks too 'clean' to be original.

The thing more generally about Eberhard and the primary reason i collect them is their chronographs in the 20s-40s period and the high quality valjioux 65 movements were a benefit in those watches.

I'm not sure about your budget but if you can't afford an Eberhard chronograph I would focus on another brand rather than this watch - good luck ! Scott

Reactions: busmatt
1 - 12 of 12 Posts