WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. Being as:
1) I just received a grail-ish watch which will keep me from adding to the collection anytime soon,
2) I finally figured out that I'm supposed to use the Macro button and dis-engage the flash when taking pictures, and
3) I'm snowed in in Northern NJ today and I got some time on my hands...

...I humbly present to you all my current collection.

LACO Pilot B Miyota
My first mechanical!

BALL Cleveland Express
My first "OMG I have to have that watch" watch.

FORTIS B42 Flieger Day/Date
The simplest, cleanest dial among my watches, but I still find it mesmerizing.

SEAGULL 1963 Re-issue
I looked high and low for the coolest watch with Chinese characters - IMHO, this one is it.

ANONIMO D-Date
My favorite (prior to acquiring my newest addition)! Anonimo suits me - I've already gone back to that well once, and will probably do so again.

LOCMAN 1970
I wanted a red dial watch. Tried on a bunch and none did it for me. Found this one and haven't looked back.

ANONIMO Dino Zei Narvalo
The newest addition. I love it to death. This is the "one". (For now.)

Thanks for looking!

ECU

·
Registered
286 Posts
Congrats on the new Anonimo, awesome collection..! I really like that fortis!|>|>

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Sweet collection! :-! I've always liked the looks of the Fortis. Thanks for the look!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!

I started this journey in August. Finding out how obsessive I can be was odd and a bit disturbing, but otherwise what a fabulous ride it's been. Definitely putting on the brakes for a while (although there are 2 specific speedmasters I'm eye-ing, that - if they show up in the sales forum at the right price - who knows?).

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow - (pleasantly) surprised by the love for the Fortis!

While I think it's fantastic (fits my wrist better than any other watch), my friends/family/co-workers seem less enamored.

My hypothesis: one awesome thing about the Fortis is the blue steel hands and numerals. In reality, they come off as blue only at certain angles. At other angles (and more than 50% of the time) they appear black. For me (or anyone wearing the watch), seeing the blued hands/numerals simply takes a flick of the wrist. But that's not the case for everyone else.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Great variety there, love the different color schemes and styles...very unique!

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Thats one hell of a collection you have there, EC. Great pics! And thank you for that state of the collection. Lets have a bet on how long your latest addition "tides you over" :-d

We started collecting at about the same time, so I feel obliged to post my "top three." See you around!

The AT just spoke to me.

Steinhart GMT Xmas Gift. Awesome watch!

And latest and greatest OMG watch: The PO! (The obsession over this one for about three months was borderline unhealthy ;-))

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
a diver, a dress watch, a gmt, very competent collecting. a g shock or suunto and in theory you are done! ;-) perhaps........not

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats one hell of a collection you have there, EC. Great pics! And thank you for that state of the collection. Lets have a bet on how long your latest addition "tides you over" :-d

We started collecting at about the same time, so I feel obliged to post my "top three." See you around!

The AT just spoke to me.

Steinhart GMT Xmas Gift. Awesome watch!

And latest and greatest OMG watch: The PO! (The obsession over this one for about three months was borderline unhealthy ;-))

Excellent collection Jesse! The PO and AT are so complementary. Got my eye on 2 Speedys (for waaaay down the road). If/when one of them comes up at the right price, I might join you in Omega-dom (but who knows, you might flip yours by then).

Looking forward to our 2011 STOC threads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts