WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Citizen give any figures for accuracy on their Eco-Drive watches or does anyone know how they perform please?
Thanks

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Does Citizen give any figures for accuracy on their Eco-Drive watches or does anyone know how they perform please?
Thanks
The most accurate watches with Eco-Drive are rated within +/-10 seconds per year. The fact that a watch is powered by the Eco-Drive technology has nothing to do with its accuracy. Generally, quartz watches (including most of the Citizen's Eco-Drive models) are accurate within +/-0.5 second per day.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
The fact that a watch is powered by the Eco-Drive technology has nothing to do with its accuracy.
Exactly right. Citizen specs their Campanolas to 20 seconds per month. Most of their watches (including eco-drives) are spec'ed to 15 seconds per month. Their high end line (The Exceed line) to 10 seconds per year. The first two are typical for quartz. The last is the kind of performance one gets from modern thermocompensated movements.

Of course, actual performance may be better. One often hears that Citizen will usually easily beat their promised performance. But that's a matter of random chance (the specific watch you get and the environment it's kept in).

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. I worded my question badly........ apologies.
I should have asked if anyone knew what the best accuracy figures were for watches with eco-drive. However, you've answered that, too, so thank you twice.
It'll be interesting to see how Seiko's Spring Drive watches perform in practice, too, won't it? I saw Bruce Reding's post suggesting that they would do better than the claims and I think you're right....... but will it be better than the GS?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Thanks to both of you.

I saw Bruce Reding's post suggesting that they would do better than the claims and I think you're right....... but will it be better than the GS?
You're welcome! On the SD, there's not a chance it will perform better. It's not thermocompensated. I suspect that the very low current levels created by the SD generator cannot support the extra electronics required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts