WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm all of a sudden getting the itch to buy a Eco-Zilla. I'm not really sure I want Ti or SS (I realize the weight difference) but what's really concerning me is the band.

I owned a Citizens Orca on a rubber strap and it was the most uncomfortable watch I've owned in quite some time. I loved the watch but I just couldn't wear it. Ended up flipping it and later after some research got one on a Ti bracelet and it's one of my favorites now.

That leads me to my quandary now. Since the Eco-Zilla has the same "molded to the case" band as the Orca has I'd hate to buy one and find I can't wear it either. I know I can get adapters (which I probably will) but I'm really looking for something I will wear on the rubber strap.

So will I be disappointed? Or more importantly uncomfortable?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I have both the Orca & Eco-Zilla on rubber, I find them both comfortable. My manly wrist carries the weight without complaint.:-d

The Orca does duty at work all day, and usually stays on the wrist during the night too. I wear the Eco-Zilla at work at least one day a week to make sure it sees the sun for it's vitamin D. :-!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
My Zilla is on leather but I wore it for several
months on the rubber strap. I thought it was
completely comfortable, I just prefer the look
and feel of leather, especially the asthetics of
wide leather straps.
The watch doesn't even feel large to me, it
feels "average". It's not very heavy or large
unless you've been wearing 40mm or smaller
watches for years.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks all.

The problem I encountered with my Orca was that it seemed like it wanted to wrap around my wrist at a point smaller than it should and since the strap was so stiff it just rode high and there was a gap underneath the watch. Then it wanted to roll over my wrist because of that gap.

I really am a bracelet guy but I sort of wanted a diver on a rubber strap (even though some of my others have rubber for them I never have them on it).

I know the point of probably moot anyway since I've got the bug and will undoubtedly get one regardless!:-d

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
JCraw...you'll see a walk-thru of installing adapters on a rubber-mounted Zilla in the near future :-!. You can then put on any strap you want, or you could mount a bracelet later. Getting it on the rubber is the much better choice, as you can mix/match down the road.

I wore mine on the ruber for a month or two, and just tried it on leather. I was very happy both ways. Each is very comfortable for me, but I did notice a slight gap under the watch when wearing it on the factory rubber. I don't wear my watches tight though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts