WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my new titanium Ecozilla today and have a question about the outer bezel (not the elapsed time rotating bezel, but the part that has "Professional Diver's 300M" and "Titanium" printed on it). It's got a knurled edge on it, suggesting that one would want to grip and turn it. When I first got the watch, I noticed that I could turn this piece counter clockwise and it sort of screwed down. Now it seems locked in that position. Why do you suppose that is?

I also noticed on other's pictures of their Ecozillas, the wording on this bezel is displayed at many different angles, suggesting that the bezel rotates. But again, why? So, fellow Watchuseekers, what is the story?

Oh, and BTW, I really like the Ecozilla so far (except for the weak elapsed time bezel - it doesn't have that snap to it like my Seikos). My good ol' Tuna Can feels small in comparison! This thing is a monster! |>

***UPDATE***
I guess the whole ring actually screws all the way off, but I'm still unsure as to why. Anyway, if anyone out there knows why, let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The early Zillas had a problem with the bezel rings locking up. The fix for this was the outer ring that you are talking about (came out late in 2005). This is a left handed thread (righty - loosey/lefty -tighty instead of the conventional righty/tighty, lefty-loosey). The bezel ring printing is a crap shoot. These watches are all machine made with only QC inspectors for human touches. The parts are mass produced, so there is never any guarantee on the printing where it will line up. I got a beauty that has the printing line up centered over the 12 o'clock position and the second hand is perfect on the mark all the way around the dial; my first one had the ring printing centered about the 9 o'clock position and the second hand was slightly off the mark.

Here's some additional info on the bezel ring:http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/index.php?mod=103&action=1&id=1136057166

1 - 3 of 3 Posts