WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for your feeback @Orange_GT3 ! Yes I mean chronograph (in french it's called "chronomètre" which is closer to "chronometer", doesn't help ;) ).

Reactions: Orange_GT3

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think Casio is shifting future (premium) models to "always-on connect when watch & phone is near to each other" Bluetooth feature found in the newer MTG B2000 models etc, in comparison to preset time at 630am, 1230am, 630pm. 1230pm for most older models eg MTG B1000.

For older models, you will have to ensure the watch or phone are close to each other during THE PRESET TIME. What if your phone is not around, or off during the night? Means can only auto-update only twice during the day.

The auto-connect feature for the new modules are so much convenient as let say after you get down from the plane in another timezone, the MTG B2000 will auto-adjust the time to local time, WITHOUT the need to MANUALLY press bluetooth sync, or wait for the 630/1230 time. It will just automatically adjust itself, without any button operation. Though I havent tried this before.

One interesting stuff is, you have to be wearing the MTG B2000 in order for the "auto bluetooth connection" to work, most of the time. Means, if your watch is on the rack, and you move your phone near, it will normally not auto connect. Only happned once and will auto disconnect after an hour or so.

No idea how Casio design the detection or algorithm mechanism.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thank you for this comparison. I recently ordered the EQB-1100AT-2AER to try and avoid ordering the new S6000. I have the MRGB1000B-1A, which I am looking forward to comparing it to. I noticed in some Youtube reviews that the EQB-1100 clasp was milled, and in others it was pressed. Is this dependent on which country it is being sold in?

Edit: to answer my question. I found this from someone else's post:
There are two different bracelets. The Asian EQB-1100YD and YDC, with a solid bracelet and milled clasp, and the European EQB-1100D and DC, with hollow links and a stamped clasp.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Interesting, thanks! Sadly I have the european version, not the asian one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats, a luxurious-looking watch, though slightly thicker at 9/6mm vs normal EQBs. Cost 50% more. I think the lap times indicator at 6pm is really redundant for an analog. The motor speed is pretty slow, if you are coming from most G-Shocks (GST, MTG). And yes, the clasp looks pretty thin.

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats, a luxurious-looking watch, though slightly thicker at 9/6mm vs normal EQBs. Cost 50% more. I think the lap times indicator at 6pm is really redundant for an analog. The motor speed is pretty slow, if you are coming from most G-Shocks (GST, MTG). And yes, the clasp looks pretty thin.
Thank you! It was actually the cheapest EQB-1100 model I could find - MiT is currently having a sale on this particular model. I believe the extra thickness is due to the carbon bezel. I've watched a few videos and I'm prepared for a slower motor - Casio had to cut a few corners with this model. They don't even put sapphire glass on their Metal Gs!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts