WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the internet for watches in 4k range form very famous brands and there is a lot to choose from.
Then i said to myself if big watch companies put out very nice watches for this kind of money, what can a smaller brand do with 4k watch if it means the top of the line offering from them. So i checked Stowa since i really like their products and boom, i find Edition line by Schauer.

If i understand correctly, this is the line, owner himself was producing before Stowa? And he maybe even gets his hands dirty now if a Edition line is being ordered and made? I must say i really like Edition 12 model. Does anyone have any experience with Edition line watches? How do they wear, how do they look on hand, etc.? I can't find a lot of photos on internet.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
From what I understand based on the Stowa book, he does Schuaer watches by hand himself.

Never handled one, but if I had the budget I would have definitely bought one already.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Never seen one in real life, but that is one gorgeous watch. Great movement (easy to service anywhere), beautiful strap.
And the dial is like a "Best Of" collection of German design language elements.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
In his first years of working life Joerg Schauer crafted individually designed and manufactured watches for people being able to pay for. They mostly were made of precious metal as gold or platinum. You must know that Joerg Schauer is a skilled goldsmith originally.
He drilled, sanded, polished cases. He printed the dials and processed the hands and he even modified the -mainly- vintage NOS movements.
When he aquired the well known German brand STOWA in 1996 there was short of time for his former time consuming making watches from scratch. So he concentrated on a few models of SCHAUER watches, especially those with the typical and characteristic 12 screws bezel.
He tried to develop his new brand STOWA and to continue his own brand SCHAUER simultaneously. But the success of STOWA hindered his SCHAUER collection and there were made fewer and fewer SCHAUER watches.

I was lucky to get some of them in course of time. A chronograph, an Einzeiger and some Kleine Schauer watches are in my collection yet.
Here you can view them (the blue chrono and the daydate model are gone already)
Ihr persönlicher Freigabelink | WEB.DE Online-Speicher
They aren't cheap - but they are worth the money charged for,

Volker

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I can only agree with what Volker said about Schauer watches. I was hoping to get one, but was disappointed by a "casual comment" by Mr. Schauer himself in a thread discussing the new Stowa logo back in 2013. His reply, however, gave a glimmer of hope.

it wasn't either '13 or 14 ...... Fast forward to (late) 2015 when Mr. Schauer announced a small series of his watches to mark the 25th anniversary of the brand wearing his name. I opted for the Kulisse Edition 10, with beveled bezel, manual winding and custom engraving on the main bridge - very happy with this piece.

·
Premium Member
33,486 Posts
It is a very attractive watch< IMHO. Never seen one before, but I really like it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
If you search out some of my old posts you will find my wonderful Schauers. Like Brainless I have a Kulisse, a couple of Kleines, a Platinum edition automatik, a Day Date and a Sportstop. My Einzeiger was sold on as I could not tell the time on it!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can only agree with what Volker said about Schauer watches. I was hoping to get one, but was disappointed by a "casual comment" by Mr. Schauer himself in a thread discussing the new Stowa logo back in 2013. His reply, however, gave a glimmer of hope.
View attachment 15700244
it wasn't either '13 or 14 ...... Fast forward to (late) 2015 when Mr. Schauer announced a small series of his watches to mark the 25th anniversary of the brand wearing his name. I opted for the Kulisse Edition 10, with beveled bezel, manual winding and custom engraving on the main bridge - very happy with this piece.
View attachment 15700256
my favorite watch in my small collection (8 pieces) View attachment 15713233
Wow, thing of beauty. Never new this existed.

·
Registered
698 Posts
There is really nothing out there to beat a Schauer. I have seen 2 in person, and they are amazing. Closest I am is a FO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts