WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I've been a mechanical watch nut for a while, but full disclosure, I LOVE funky watches and colors. I just can't spend $40k on a Franck Mueller.

So, I always wondered why people liked G-Shocks watches - especially the huge ones, I think they're hideous. And the 5600? Its a Relic! (But wait, its a pretty cool relic...what if digital watch but with cool colors!?)
So with that in mind, I was shopping for a friend for christmas and came across the Rasta colleciton. I'd specifically wanted a bold yellow watch, and even though I was shopping for a friend, when I found the 5600 in Yellow, greencicle and red I bought two. I freeging LOVE it.

So, in looking for more colorways though, I'm kind of surprised there isn't more of a galaxy. I found the 80s colors - I'd wear the .... out of that pink and blue; but the red and white is a little too real. I can see myself in an all white or a cream, especially the pigalle white with pink, I'd love to find a green or a rainbow or neon colored one. Why isn't there an all-glow resin???

C'mon I can't be the first person to think of that!

So does Gshock make just like new bands/resins that you can put on your watch? Or are there private sellers out there? I wouldn't mind getting a tough solar with a vibrating alarm if that's a thing, but mostly I'm just looking for more color options, and it would be great just to be able to buy the resins rather than having to buy a whole new module every time.

Please educate me! Links appreciated - trade and FSs too!

(and I no longer think the big ones are hideous - they're just not my bag. Yet. Put a strobe light on one and we'll talk ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Clear is pretty awesome too, and some of the printed faces on the modules. I just want to see what's out there I guess, and cost effectively increase my ability to abuse dress code, daily.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Casio sells replacement resins. If you are in the US you can try pacparts.com or American perfit. You can also find them on ebay or tiktox. I don't believe casio makes a vibrating alarm for a solar watch.

·
Registered
547 Posts
+ if you do your homework (and depending on the specific model to model compatibility), some resins from 1 model can fit another

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Casio sells replacement resins. If you are in the US you can try pacparts.com or American perfit. You can also find them on ebay or tiktox. I don't believe casio makes a vibrating alarm for a solar watch.
this.

you picked a good model if you want diff. colours, theres ALOT to choose from.

check out the bezel compatibility chart for other options
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/dw-5600e-vs-dw-5600p-using-same-bezel-strap-1777114.html

im the opposite of you, im not a fan of the tiny Gs but i have to agree, the summery colours on the new rastas are just too good to pass up. perfect for the beach :shaka:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts