WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
That's all in the title.
I spend much time in the pool and also at sea with my watches.
As much as I have no qualms about immersing my diving watches, as I am skeptical about the effects of chlorine in swimming pools on our watches and sealing systems. Only good usual rising would be enough?
I am interested in your feedback to the highest points to decide if I will put my 116660 in pool or not and possibly reserving the Seiko for this purpose ...
Thank you,

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I've used several of mine extensively and not had a problem. I just make sure to give them a good rinse in the shower afterward.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
This has been asked a few times on the dive forum, and the consensus seemed to be that if you have a decent dive watch you should be fine. Just get the gaskets checked/replaced when it is serviced every 5-10 years.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Well, the chlorine will keep all those pesky microorganisms and bacteria from breeding on the watch case.....

(Guess what the pool's pump uses to keep from leaking?)

·
Registered
642 Posts
As much as I have no qualms about immersing my diving watches, as I am skeptical about the effects of chlorine in swimming pools on our watches and sealing systems. Only good usual rising would be enough?
Some people would worry more about the effects of chlorine on health... although if I was forced to choose, I'd take chlorine over the germs.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
There are no effects over the short term. However, over the long term (5-10 years), it'll be worth getting the gaskets replaced.

cheers,
Jake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts